What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Not sure if I posted this anywhere yet but finally got the rear seat installed, added the back rest/ luggage rack and put stock lights back on.
bb9b8fd7b2c5fc0aa4976791bb2ce292.jpg
fe9b2befe3e8af7c89efcbf14ab6ce11.jpg
c86e722a50f3608d8d78e3a1e0d5bcc0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Great thanks. Glad I checked before I reassembled.

Only grease I have is the general purpose one that’s used in the snow blower splines thanks to @nobbie48 so not sure if I need a specific one.

More research!
told ya to loosen before taken the wheel off :D

when you re-assemble things just keep an eye out for
- the master link so the stamped match (mine is upside down lol)
-check front sprocket if it can be install on any side facing out.
-check your wheel bearing for any play maybe that could be ur next maintenance.

Rear sprocket came in late today…

5947631C-0EB3-4C76-8634-89AC0F002F41.jpeg
39C9254E-4EED-41BA-93FA-78CE06F2D2C0.jpeg454C4510-38B6-4200-8159-5D5FD8978DAD.jpeg6FEED0EC-85E9-4095-AA20-5263B2895FE0.jpeg

annoying thing is I ordered the nut type master link and they sent me the clip type which sucked.

Outside of that no major issues but getting the rear axle was a pain single handedly.

Everything is torqued down to spec (assuming torque wrench is in spec).

Think I got the alignment fairly bang on with a micrometer.

Hoping that clip is in the actual grooves as it was a real pain in the ass to tighten the master link to get to the grooves. Real pain.

Will go for a test spin tomorrow to make sure nothing falls off.

Hate to be the guy to say it. But the clip isn't in the groove on the top. Squeeze the outside plates together with a channelock and give the clip a gentle pop in and down.

Last edited:
Hate too be the guy to say it. But the clip isn't in the groove on the top. Squeeze the outside plates together with a channelock and give the clip a gentle pop in and down.
Great thanks! Looked like it was in to me but I’ll check again today.

Or call the place you bought from and tell them to send the rivet/screw clip you ordered. I'm not trusting in clip masters on street bikes. I had a chain come from Fortnine that stated included a rivet master and it arrived with a clip-type. I emailed them and after sending a photo of it they expressed out a rivet master link.

Or call the place you bought from and tell them to send the rivet/screw clip you ordered. I'm not trusting in clip masters on street bikes. I had a chain come from Fortnine that stated included a rivet master and it arrived with a clip-type. I emailed them and after sending a photo of it they expressed out a rivet master link.
Done thanks! They didn’t believe me as their site was updated with the new link type.

2A021FB6-93B4-41C6-A0C2-54EF1C941335.jpeg

Hopefully it comes in before the weekend but I need to get this clip properly seated prior to riding. Was a mofo yesterday.

I have a spare 520 SRX2 screw-type link that you can have if you like. It's gold finish though

Checked my tire pressures.
Waiting for the concrete floor in the garage to cure now; it's going to be a while.
Still some doors to be fixed and the attic needs to be brought up to spec.
Any suggestions on what to put on it afterwards?

Waiting for the concrete floor in the garage to cure now; it's going to be a while.
The concrete? Leave it. It cures over 30 days, then keeps getting harder for years.

Down the line, when its getting scratched up, then epoxy it.

You do relief cuts in it? If not, make sure you do.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Appears everything is in order. Took a 20km shakedown ride and no issues.

Will recheck torque later and the only thing I appear to have messed is the position of the shifter as it seems too low and I kept missing the lever.

Outside of that the new chain seems to also have resolved my issue of the hesitation. Think it was the loose / stretched chain catching and releasing. Noise seems gone.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions! Highly appreciate it!

F%^K…need to learn to quit while I’m ahead.
Was trying to adjust the shifter and pretty sure I stripped this bolt….frak. It’s on good and tight and I won’t take it off now as it probably won’t go back on. I’ll just order a replacement.

3645BCD1-7483-454E-AB8C-85FEEAB7A603.jpeg

I’d put a new bike on it. Way more fun than epoxy.

The concrete? Leave it. It cures over 30 days, then keeps getting harder for years.

Down the line, when its getting scratched up, then epoxy it.

You do relief cuts in it? If not, make sure you do.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Any thoughts on epoxy vs racedeck?

My wife would like to have our garage cleaned up. It's one the few places we didn't touch in the house reno.
We recently had someone come in and they will quote us on both, but since our concrete floor is pretty damaged it would almost cost the same amount for either flooring type.

Rear sprocket came in late today…

View attachment 50886
View attachment 50887View attachment 50888View attachment 50889

annoying thing is I ordered the nut type master link and they sent me the clip type which sucked.

Outside of that no major issues but getting the rear axle was a pain single handedly.

Everything is torqued down to spec (assuming torque wrench is in spec).

Think I got the alignment fairly bang on with a micrometer.

Hoping that clip is in the actual grooves as it was a real pain in the ass to tighten the master link to get to the grooves. Real pain.

Will go for a test spin tomorrow to make sure nothing falls off.
WD40 and a hair dryer will remove all those stupid stickers on the swing arm.

Back
Top Bottom