What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

'Woke up today to a broken counter balance spring on my garage door... F***.

'Called a door place... 'Guy coming tomorrow morning to fix it.

'Woke up today to a broken counter balance spring on my garage door... F***.

'Called a door place... 'Guy coming tomorrow morning to fix it.
That's never fun. I had that happen a few times at the old house. No other way into the garage and a solid wood door. It was a bugger to get it open to get to the spring.

That's never fun. I had that happen a few times at the old house. No other way into the garage and a solid wood door. It was a bugger to get it open to get to the spring.

Well... Luckily we have man door to the outside... So wife was able to put out the garbage/recycling before she went off to work.
The garage door is insulated aluminum so... 'Not too heavy.
Once you get it up enough to get a firm grasp on the bottom... It's manageable. Just lift with the legs..!!

Finally getting around to wiring and figuring out the bodywork on the lifelong project...

It is a Nitrous bottle. I don't think I have any room for fire suppression.

1) Repaired a broken impeller on my pool pump.
2) Replaced a rocker arm and set valves on my SP125

Brakes have been pulsing a bit and it’s been 30k+ kms on these brake pads so I thought I swap them out for new ones but there was still plenty of meat on them so I cleaned everything with brake cleaner and put the old pads back.

I empty it every fall to fit the car in and as soon as it's out in the spring the garage seems to fill up like water filling a beach hole.
I bought a couple of sheds for sleds and ATV's...I swore I'd never store anything outdoors...but something has to give. It's not fun when something breaks and I have to play Twister to get back and forth to tool boxes. It's quite dangerous actually.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

A little trick to find out if the pulsating is coming from the front or rear is to drive the car slowly while slowly applying the parking brake provided you do use the parking brake and it's not seized. If you don't feel it from the rears with the parking brake slightly applied, it's the fronts. Your caliper sliders are likely seized which take up any runout / warpage of your rotors.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Aha...I should have been clearer...it was on my bike! Thanks for the tip though!

Gave the FJR a once over and packed a few items in one pannier... Prep for a little three day jaunt starting tomorrow morning.

308upeg.jpg

Gave the FJR a once over and packed a few items in one pannier... Prep for a little three day jaunt starting tomorrow morning.

308upeg.jpg
I did a very similar route for the Iron Butt. That stretch in Verendrye Wildlife Reserve is absolutely beautiful. Lots of roadside picnic/rest spots but no cell signal from the moment you enter the reserve until you get out.

308upeg.jpg

Maniwaki has a strip club right in town next to the Tim Hortons. That’s all Maniwaki has. I met the stripper going into Timmies when the whole town shouted hello at her.

Tonight in the garage: rip the footboards and heel-toe shifter off my '76 GL1000 -- then install the original pegs and shifter.

I did a very similar route for the Iron Butt. That stretch in Verendrye Wildlife Reserve is absolutely beautiful. Lots of roadside picnic/rest spots but no cell signal from the moment you enter the reserve until you get out.

Have you done this run before? Looking for a 'short' run this summer....

Back
Top Bottom