What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 158 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Are they not connected to Kehien(SP?) in some way?

Got this thing for free today from a buddy. Unfortunately the guy before him decided to do a horrendous paint job on it…

View attachment 65845
Wow, I’ve seen roller painted scrap metal trucks with better paint.

Look at the bright side, now you need a DA, Dollies, and a paint gun.

Wow, I’ve seen roller painted scrap metal trucks with better paint.

Look at the bright side, now you need a DA, Dollies, and a paint gun.
I don’t know what a DA is, but I assume I can’t strip the garbage paint job off it right?

I don’t know what a DA is, but I assume I can’t strip the garbage paint job off it right?
Sander. The paint aucks so bad that I would try a chemical strip and see if you can blow off the black paint without hurting the paint underneath. The stickers won't survive the process.

Or you can order a sticker pack from Amazon and add some fresh sticker character to it.

1706702550993.png

Last edited:
Going to take a wild guess and say it's thick Tremclad paint and was done when it was too cold so it didn't spread very well. But free is free so good score!

Got this thing for free today from a buddy. Unfortunately the guy before him decided to do a horrendous paint job on it…

View attachment 65845
If it works, I would not do a damn thing to it but fill it with tools. Free is always the best price (unless it's broken)

Or you can order a sticker pack from Amazon and add some fresh sticker character to it.

View attachment 65854
I laugh, but this isn't a bad idea at all!

Going to take a wild guess and say it's thick Tremclad paint and was done when it was too cold so it didn't spread very well. But free is free so good score!
If it works, I would not do a damn thing to it but fill it with tools. Free is always the best price (unless it's broken)
Agreed. It all works, all the shelves are clean / smooth rolling...I can't really complain about the price and I'm sure it'll come in useful. Hell I could even send it to the cottage and hide dad's tools there.

I would just give it a good workover with an orbital sander to even out the mess and then spray paint it in the color you like.

I laugh, but this isn't a bad idea at all!

Agreed. It all works, all the shelves are clean / smooth rolling...I can't really complain about the price and I'm sure it'll come in useful. Hell I could even send it to the cottage and hide dad's tools there.
Well if you change your mind, I got a place you can store it... wink, wink...

So..... I've opened up my bike. It started by replacing the broken fairing and adding a USB charger through the front. It made me realize the previous owner(s) once opened up the bike and did a bad job closing it. One thing led to another and I ended up stripping down all fairings and almost 60% of the parts and attachments and then ordering a full set of nuts and bolts and those plastic rivets and fixing them up.

It's all done.... except.... for the love of God.... I'm unable to fix the grab rail which is a pre-requisite for fixing the seat. Help?! 😬😅

Back
Top Bottom