What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 156 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Sad day. The plates that have been on my daily driver my whole life are retired. I don't know how many km on them, well over a million. I don't know which year was red over white to know what year the remnants of that sticker are from (and it may not have been the first sticker on the plate). I got pulled over (cop thought I had no front plate and realized it was just sad) and got a warning so I had to replace them.

20240123-123128.jpg

EDIT:
I wanted to strip them and repaint but that sets you up for the same ticket as fake plates which is ridiculous. If your plates show what they are legally supposed to show, the person that applied the paint should be immaterial. Subaru Blue is apparently close to the blue you need if you want to roll the dice.

The old plates are not cancelled. If I want that number again, I can pay for custom plates with the old number. That seems expensive and annoying though so I just got cheap plates out of the box.

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally got around to installing the new shock in the Honda Spree 50 scooter.
Who knew you had to remove the carburetor and trim a tab off the outside of the airbox to make it fit ???

Yesterday I finally got around to installing the new shock in the Honda Spree 50 scooter.
Who knew you had to remove the carburetor and trim a tab off the outside of the airbox to make it fit ???
I just bought a Chinese digital speedo off Amazon for the QT 50, $17. Had to add a 6 to 12v buck, but that let me change over lighting to 12v LED.

OE used speedos are unobtanium, when one gets listed on eBay, they go for $350 when you include shipping.

The china one is great, also gives me tach, oil light and fuel gauge.

Should be ready to kick a Sprees ass!

Cleaned, rebuilt the power valve on the te300.

Bike has 112 hours. The compression test showed 150psi. Leakdown test was pushing air through the power valve assembly.

Piston clip was half out the one side... somebody had pulled the piston to measure it, and not put the circlip all the way back in. I'm glad I only started it for 5 seconds at the dealership... could have been a catastrophic failure if it popped out.

My friend helped and walked me through measuring the piston, and checking the cylinder with a bore gage. Ordered an "A" piston. 71.94mm.

I'll check and gap the rings if necessary, and reassemble the top end.

Ordered a bunch of protection parts. New plastics. Misc. missing bits.

Going to be fresh!
cc9cb7bbfa2e85598cd5bd2afc6c474c.jpg
50b46067917a424214f5f59a1fec89a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I still have to pull the swingarm to grease the bearings. Head bearings too.

Linkage is cleaned and greased.
Spokes checked and tightened.

I want to pull the clutch cover to see what type of Rekluse clutch the previous owner put in it. Likely a part # on the basket. There is a kickstarter issue on the 2017s. I need to thread in a longer bolt, but thats behind the basket, so might as well do it when I'm in there.

Plastics. Seat cover. Need to order a graphics kit.

I'll look fast, even if I'm not!
354bed5b5979754ce6f8dc2be7e7f375.jpg
36b5bca2cace81b301e88e90f1194300.jpg
1bbee4b21ef86cb2f4a25d6f637e2498.jpg

Get the "bold new" ones
Makes it faster!

Just something basic and cheap.

These are $90 on fortnine.

Not in stock, but it can wait. I'll leave the old bodywork on for a while.

If it looks somewhat factory, I'm happy.

It wont look mint after I crash it a few times.
e7d6af5fe3ae80877dfe301d395a9f95.jpg

Is it all white before graphics? Plain white would be my go to.

Makes it faster!

Just something basic and cheap.

These are $90 on fortnine.

Not in stock, but it can wait. I'll leave the old bodywork on for a while.

If it looks somewhat factory, I'm happy.

It wont look mint after I crash it a few times.
e7d6af5fe3ae80877dfe301d395a9f95.jpg

FYI - I was looking for some plastics kits for my 990 and UFO has a sale:

I still have to pull the swingarm to grease the bearings. Head bearings too.

Linkage is cleaned and greased.
Spokes checked and tightened.

I want to pull the clutch cover to see what type of Rekluse clutch the previous owner put in it. Likely a part # on the basket. There is a kickstarter issue on the 2017s. I need to thread in a longer bolt, but thats behind the basket, so might as well do it when I'm in there.

Plastics. Seat cover. Need to order a graphics kit.

I'll look fast, even if I'm not!
354bed5b5979754ce6f8dc2be7e7f375.jpg
36b5bca2cace81b301e88e90f1194300.jpg
1bbee4b21ef86cb2f4a25d6f637e2498.jpg

What PV spring is in there? I like the red one personally.

Haven't checked yet. My buddy gave me the green one if I want to soften the hit a bit. I haven't ridden it yet, so I might put the green in, and change it if I don't like it.

Preload adjustment can tame the hit. Red spring gives the most linear power delivery. I'm slightly in from flush with red spring and have more power down low so I can pull 3rd gear easier, pop the front end to get over things quickly easier, exit corners faster, etc at times I would have had to drop to 2nd.

Preload adjustment can tame the hit. Red spring gives the most linear power delivery. I'm slightly in from flush with red spring and have more power down low so I can pull 3rd gear easier, pop the front end to get over things quickly easier, exit corners faster, etc at times I would have had to drop to 2nd.
Interesting. I thought red was more immediate/snappy.

I think it came with the yellow spring. I'll have to pull it apart to find out. I'd have to lay it on its side, so the bottom end ool doesn't leak out. It'll wait until the top end is reassembled.

My Garage doors are beat to hell and will need to be replaced. But with other projects on the go I'm trying to hold off while I can.
So I need to replace the side, top and bottom seals. There are a million options on Amazon but does anyone have a product they have used and would recommend? I'll be installing myself.

Back
Top Bottom