What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 129 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

If it hasn't shipped, why won't they let you cancel, especially after they are not meeting the quoted delivery ETA? Good to know, as I was going to order from them, and when they say in stock available for pickup, I expect to be able to drop in and pick up same day.
Maybe pickup works? I didn't try to cancel. Maybe they would let me. Wifes car needs an oil change but it is only slightly overdue and she doesn't drive that far right now. I can afford to wait but I would have preferred not to.

Mistakes happen. Whether it was a website error, handler error, or shipping mistake (didn't get picked up) who knows. I've ordered from them at least a dozen times and never had to wait longer than stated online (one time it was a week, most times it was sooner). Even sent cores back for a reimbursement and received those refunds same day.
Not sticking up for them, just saying it like it is. I'll continue to buy from them.

That kind of happens at GP Bikes sometimes. I order something and it says in stock at distributor, shipped in so many business days. Usually it arrives the day after I receive the tracking number.

Throttle body sync, secondary throttle butterfly adjustment,
Valve check, plug change, emissions delete (pair valve).

Buddy's sv1k

On and off evenings this past week.

Had a stutter and an irratic idle. Plugs hadn't been changed in 40,000km... way past due.
b93d040eb8e68fc092392947273cb20e.jpg
2fe69e1c97fda879cf4d2e477bba6325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Not today but 3 weeks ago I installed a new slip on exhaust on my DL1050.

I took advantage of my cousin flying in from the motherland and he brought it over for me. Avoided all shipping and duties.
Great $200 upgrade . I can finally be heard rolling in.

Here is a poor picture of it. Before and after. I'll get a better one next time bike is out.

1691980356282.png

1691980319298.png

I took advantage of my cousin flying in from the motherland and he brought it over for me. Avoided all shipping and duties.

Here is a poor picture of it. Before and after. I'll get a better one next time bike is out.

View attachment 62627

View attachment 62626

Where is motherland bro?

Clutch slipping, way too early at 32k :mad:. I blame prior owner.
Clutch on order, has to come from Ducati. 10-15 business days :mad::mad:

No rides for me that take me out of town until I can fix it. Every ride is a gamble now.

Good idea. When the clutch starts going, it fails FAST. I started noticing slipping on my old GS with a dry clutch, it was basically unrideable within 200 kms.

View attachment 62627

View attachment 62626
Hate to say this but, I like the looks of the stock exhaust better, but looks are subjective.
I am sure that new pipe with give you a bit of weight savings and a bit more growl.

Clutch slipping, way too early at 32k :mad:. I blame prior owner.
Clutch on order, has to come from Ducati. 10-15 business days :mad::mad:

No rides for me that take me out of town until I can fix it. Every ride is a gamble now.
Pardon my ignorance...but how do you notice that the clutch is starting to slip? Basically just curious what I should look out for.

Wet slipper clutch! 🔥(n)
In the interest of longevity, I would really like an indication that the slipper clutch is slipping. You can be lazy and bang down. RPM's are dropping and so is speed. It isn't always easy to pick up the slip. A yellow light in your peripheral vision when it slips could help us ride better as we could adjust our input.

@Jampy00

These picture are horrible. I forgot to take a proper before and after picture.

Prior to install, I thought the new can was too small and it would look weird and I wasnt sure about the look. e
However, once installed it it grew on me. I also did think that the stock was a little too big. But just a personal preference.

Dominator Exhaust does have another model that is something in between the one I got and the stock. Closer to the stock one. Longer and a little oval with a carbon tip. But I didnt want to spend that kind of money. Espeically for something that I did not see or hear in person and only picked based on online videos.

I must say the new exhuast DOES have a loud growl. Maybe not as much as @Evoex's ex (his bike I mean) but close.

Here is a link to the video with the exhasut for my bike.
Mine is the GP model. It was a toss up between GP and GP 1. Went with GP.

Pardon my ignorance...but how do you notice that the clutch is starting to slip? Basically just curious what I should look out for.
You'll know. Normally at low rpm with lots of throttle but can happen elsewhere all of a sudden revs jump quickly without speed going up much. Back off quick to stop the slipping. A few seconds of heat into the clutch and it can all be ruined right there.

@Jampy00

These picture are horrible. I forgot to take a proper before and after picture.

Prior to install, I thought the new can was too small and it would look weird and I wasnt sure about the look. e
However, once installed it it grew on me. I also did think that the stock was a little too big. But just a personal preference.

Dominator Exhaust does have another model that is something in between the one I got and the stock. Closer to the stock one. Longer and a little oval with a carbon tip. But I didnt want to spend that kind of money. Espeically for something that I did not see or hear in person and only picked based on online videos.

I must say the new exhuast DOES have a loud growl. Maybe not as much as @Evoex's ex (his bike I mean) but close.

Here is a link to the video with the exhasut for my bike.
Mine is the GP model. It was a toss up between GP and GP 1. Went with GP.

Cool, by no means was I trying to be rude. I have swapped exhausts on all my bikes excluding the Pan America (as my wife threatened violence)
So maybe I am just bit jealous and lashing out in frustration... LOL
Either way, would love to see and hear it in person.

Started noticing in... let's call them highway pulls, going 4th-5th and 5th-6th, 1-2 second slip/rpm climb/then settles in.
Happened with clutchless shifts, worse with clutch.
Then started creeping in with just aggressive throttle in higher gear highway pulls (passing)
Then started happening from 3rd-4th shifts and general 3rd gear going off then on throttle.

It'll feel like your engine is connected to your rear wheel with a rubber band.

You hammer on the throttle and it takes a while for the acceleration to pick up, like it's spooling up a rubber band.

As the clutch continues to fail, it'll feel like that rubber band is getting longer and longer until the bike no longer moves.

Back
Top Bottom