What Are You Currently Listening To? | Page 95 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Are You Currently Listening To?

Here's another great new Deep House EDM set from Solomun, recent and ~ 3 hrs, live at Untold Festival 2019 (Galaxy Stage). Big event and Romania too
tophat.gif
. >135K views on YouTube, from this summer.

I've mentioned the Arkells before and they are a great indie rock TO area band (from Hamilton). Check out this song, it's not my favorite but it's intriguing. They have a number of live YouTube videos and what you hear what you get. They are very impressively honest in their recordings and sound great live. That guy can really sing. Over one year old and <200K views.

Arkells - Hand Me Downs

Look here for all the alternate recording videos.
arkells hand me downs - YouTube

Last edited:
Surprisingly low views on that Arkells track.
That's actually the first song that I ever heard from them.
I really like the song and the lyrics.
Ain't no shame in the hand me downs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Surprisingly low views on that Arkells track.
That's actually the first song that I ever heard from them.
I really like the song and the lyrics.
Ain't no shame in the hand me downs.

For sure @Joe Bass. Thx for sharing.

I can share another great new (to me) indie song. I've known Interpol as recent indie rock royalty from much of their work in the early 2010's. They have some great songs that have hit mainstream. I never deep dived them and still need to. Because of that here's a great new-to-me old song by them. Over 5 years old with >18M views. Highly recommended.

Interpol - All The Rage Back Home

I'm really impressed and need to circle back to them. Interpol is now back together too.

Last edited:
Not sure if its soul or rap, but its dope af.

XTC has a lot of great music if you deep dive them a bit @Jayv . A legendary alternative band from Britain. Lots of great info on Wikipedia, XTC - Wikipedia. That band was very strong with many talented contributions to the music and songs. There's a documentary I just watched (again) that deep dives the band. Check it out.

On a separate note, as mentioned on another thread I listen to music an hour a day exercising lightly most of the time. In 2019 it was 350 hrs plus of listening to my own personal music collection on my phone. And it's a mix of new and old music that I enjoyed enough to collect AND add to the phone. It took about 10 months to go through it all. I looped and have already started over. And just today while exercising this morning a few songs jumped out for sharing here. U2 and more specifically some of their rare more unique enthusiast songs.

U2 - Salomé (Zooromancer Remix)

XTC came from the same area in the Country as i did, so they got plenty of airtime. Very underrated and ahead of their time band.

No idea if posted earlier ... no idea if I posted it earlier!! ... but it is what I am currently listening to. Canadian content.

If you like XTC then also look at Squeeze and the career of Jools Holland (amazing musician). Also if you like pop history from that era Jools Holland ran a TV show with Paula Yates, the former wife of Bob Geldof (Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran was the godfather of a kid I think), Paula Yates left Geldof and ran off with Michael Hutchence from INXS and both of them ended up topping themselves. High drama in the 80s early 90s.

Back to squeeze. Listen to Labelled with Love and look at the lyrics. Sad little song but one of my favourites.

XTC are good but I like The The for something a bit edgier.

Before my time but still good:

Back
Top Bottom