Well I done did it... Almost | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well I done did it... Almost

Have to wait, while they were moving the bike they busted the windscreen, so a new one is on it's way.
They also held the bike for me and gave me some time to "think about it" as it is very different from my current ride.
All and all great experience with the HD dealer.
My limited experience with Harley dealers is they know how to treat their customers.

Blackridge, they did it before I came to see the bike today, in the overstock area they part the bikes under large metal shelves that hold parts and such, for all the bikes this is a non issue, but the Pan America stands tall. I noticed all the other ones had the windscreens marked with painters tape to prevent it from happening to them.

Who did you deal with?
My buddy Alex works there.

I'm jealous. I think.

I've never dreamed about owning a Harley. I.lije them slot, till the PanAm came along, nothing suited my needs.

Ill be watching your experience over the next year... I bought some HOG shares a while back, the plan was to watch the grow yo pay for a PanAm, maybe next year!

Thanks, I never in a million years saw myself riding a ADV motorcycle, I can also honestly say it will most likely never see dirt. I'm ok with this, as I become an older rider my requirements have changed. I'll miss my cruiser, and to be fair I had a pretty restless night with my mind filled with "am I doing the right thing" kind of thoughts, I think this could be part of the factor as to why this motorcycle saw initial success and now has plateaued.
At almost 10" higher seat height than every other HD, this is the part I found most difficult on my test ride, coupled with mid controls that are "compressed" compared to HD's standard offerings. While I remain hopeful that that the HD PA & PAS remain part of the standard line up, I would not be surprised if it dwindled out in a few years. But this remains to be scene. Even when I spoke to the people at the dealership, they all consider it to be an excellent motorcycle but one that is not "flying" off the showroom floor.. I respect their honesty towards their product line.

Congrats on the new bike

Looks very utilitarian... In a good way.

I had no regrets about trading my Harley. It was a beautiful bike and very comfortable to ride. But was just not getting used as my riding habits changed

Thanks, I never in a million years saw myself riding a ADV motorcycle, I can also honestly say it will most likely never see dirt. I'm ok with this, as I become an older rider my requirements have changed. I'll miss my cruiser, and to be fair I had a pretty restless night with my mind filled with "am I doing the right thing" kind of thoughts, I think this could be part of the factor as to why this motorcycle saw initial success and now has plateaued.
At almost 10" higher seat height than every other HD, this is the part I found most difficult on my test ride, coupled with mid controls that are "compressed" compared to HD's standard offerings. While I remain hopeful that that the HD PA & PAS remain part of the standard line up, I would not be surprised if it dwindled out in a few years. But this remains to be scene. Even when I spoke to the people at the dealership, they all consider it to be an excellent motorcycle but one that is not "flying" off the showroom floor.. I respect their honesty towards their product line.
Very interest to see how your transition goes to this. Please share more once you have the bike and start riding.
When do you expect to have it?
Also curious was there a difference in insurance? HD's seem to be at the higher end of things.

Very interest to see how your transition goes to this. Please share more once you have the bike and start riding.
Also curious was there a difference in insurance? HD's seem to be at the higher end of things.
When I got insurance quotes for my potential bikes the Sportster came in right mid pack.

For insurance, I already own a HD so I don't expect much of a change, but we'll see in 2 weeks when I finalize things.
But I'll let you know this and my thoughts on the bike.

You might have a change of heart. I am also at the age where I'm not interested in charging thru the woods on single-track 'adventures', but I bought a Vstrom a few years ago and have really come to enjoy riding dirt highways, fire, and logging roads -- and there are plenty in Ontario.

My Vstrom is setup with 70/30 road/offroad tires. I recently picked up a big DR which won't get hurt if it gets dropped, so I'm going to try some tougher stuff this fall.

Beautiful. I've chatted with a few owners of those and they've all loved them. Take the time to learn the different settings and set it up right for your desired wants.

You might have a change of heart. I am also at the age where I'm not interested in charging thru the woods on single-track 'adventures', but I bought a Vstrom a few years ago and have really come to enjoy riding dirt highways, fire, and logging roads -- and there are plenty in Ontario.

My Vstrom is setup with 70/30 road/offroad tires. I recently picked up a big DR which won't get hurt if it gets dropped, so I'm going to try some tougher stuff this fall.
You might be right, but my main focus is destination riding, which was something the Fat Bob was not suitable for.
I know nothin about anything related to "off road" and the bike comes with 80/20 tires and I plan on running them until they need to be changed.

Beautiful. I've chatted with a few owners of those and they've all loved them. Take the time to learn the different settings and set it up right for your desired wants.
Agreed, from what I have seen and have read, people either love them or like them but take issue with a few quirks.
I will tell you the Jiffy (kick) stand is pretty lacking, but you can't escape it.

You might be right, but my main focus is destination riding, which was something the Fat Bob was not suitable for.
I know nothin about anything related to "off road" and the bike comes with 80/20 tires and I plan on running them until they need to be changed.
Big adv bikes are great for adventures. They are absolute pigs if you get too adventurous. They are in their element wandering. They make exploring any interesting road simple regardless of road surface and long-travel suspension really helps on crap pavement.

...You might be right, but my main focus is destination riding...
Easy - pick a destination at the end of a dirt road and go!

Back
Top Bottom