Weekly BurgeRR & BBQ Meetup - Wednesday’s | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weekly BurgeRR & BBQ Meetup - Wednesday’s

Welp...burgers!

Its supposed to be hitting 15C tomorrow but it gets dark so soon ....maybe we should designate tomorrow as WestEnd Coffee Klatsch Meetup Day.

BTW...coffee klatch = Boomer-only term and even then many boomers will say what the hell is a coffe klatch....

Welp...burgers!

Its supposed to be hitting 15C tomorrow but it gets dark so soon ....maybe we should designate tomorrow as WestEnd Coffee Klatsch Meetup Day.

BTW...coffee klatch = Boomer-only term and even then many boomers will say what the hell is a coffe klatch....
Yeah well I also see rain for the entire day 🤷‍♂️

Welp...burgers!

Count me out, battery (under tank) already pulled and in the basement, bike on stands

Count me out, battery (under tank) already pulled and in the basement, bike on stands
If its a major pain to remove the battery, can you just put a tender on it 2-3 times during the winter? That's what I do, I connect it until the green light goes on indicating its now on float mode.......apparently there isn't really any need to bring the battery in the house provided you can keep it reasonably well charged over the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its a major pain to remove the battery, can you just put a tender on it 2-3 times during the winter? That's what I do, I connect it until the green light goes on indicating its now on float mode.......apparently there isn't really any need to bring the battery in the house provided you can keep it reasonably well charged over the winter.
Meh, this is one of those contraversial motorcycle topics, like oil. So many methods, and opinions on what is the best way to do this. During these colder, off months I just plug mine into the tender and unplug it when I go riding, nothing more.

Anyhow it hasn't rained yet, seems like it will at some point, maybe. Either way seems kinda crummy out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, this is one of those contraversial motorcycle topics, like oil. So many methods, and opinions on what is the best way to do this. During these colder, off months I just plug mine into the tender and unplug it when I go riding, nothing more.

Anyhow it hasn't rained yet, seems like it will at some point, maybe. Either way seems kinda crummy out.
Been having some extremely light misty precip here off and on this morning. But crummy is right. Describes my mood today. Thinking about just putting around the local hood doing some pseudo skills training and exploring traction limits with TC disabled. I wanna spin my rear tire, dammit. But if road is wet, I will pass...just dont wanna re-clean her.

if its a major pain to remove the battery, can you just put a tender on it 2-3 times during the winter? That's what I do, I connect it until the green light goes on indicating its now on float mode.......apparently there isn't really any need to bring the battery in the house provided you can keep it reasonably well charged over the winter.

True it’s probably ok left on a tender installed. I’m probably scarred by some bad experiences with dead/leaky batteries left unmonitored in my muscle car history.

It’s not TOO terrible to remove and reinstall a couple times a year (check the air filter at the same time), but if I can get it out of the deep freezing temps I like to do it.

My Honda and Kawi’s were dirt simple under the seat.

Back
Top Bottom