Weekend Run To Burk’s Falls - July 17 - Saturday | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weekend Run To Burk’s Falls - July 17 - Saturday

I do a custom route in Google Maps on desktop, then export it to GPX format, which can be used in navi apps/devices.

I tried that once. One of the most frustrating things I have tried to do that was not work related. Probably a PEBKAC issue but the computer almost paid the price for it that day.

If someone else wants to put up a thread for this weekend please do so. You won’t be able to edit the details on the OP or the title otherwise.

Closed??

I was up this way a few weeks back and did a similar route
Be careful on 45/Etwell Rd/Hoodstown Rd, it was pretty sketchy similar to Southwood! Massive potholes and random sand/gravel

Just got home. Good ride overall and they were about an hour from opening and I wasn’t planning on sticking around.

Came back down through Dorset (love hwy 35) and then 118. Was running on fumes and filled up 16.8L into a 17L tank!
9E55DDD7-A1A5-478E-B852-B3E965EA8903.jpeg

621EECEF-43C4-4234-A161-81A91518FB9A.jpeg

720km total! Gonna be walking like a cowboy.

Just got home. Good ride overall and they were about an hour from opening and I wasn’t planning on sticking around.

Came back down through Dorset (love hwy 35) and then 118. Was running on fumes and filled up 16.8L into a 17L tank!
View attachment 50114

View attachment 50115

Yeah HWY 35 is great up that way. I was just there on Wednesday, too bad the tower is closed in Dorset. Turned back and went to Haliburton.

View attachment 50114

View attachment 50115

I got out on a 170.5 mile ride on the old girl today. Could have easily gone double that if Only I’d have gotten up early.

You picked a perfect day for a long ride MP .

Where was that last pic taken? Could you have fished at that spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Robbo it was just one picnic site along 35. Looked like fishing would be able but there was a boat launch to the right of it.

@sburns you’re right. 35 is amazing. Just wish there were more gas stations. It was empty for the most part.

I got super lucky with the weather. Was absolutely gorgeous.

Also hit up Southwood Rd on the way up. And just missed an awesome photo op with a train coming towards the bike as I didn’t have time to get off and grab my phone. Too bad as it would’ve looked awesome.

A43F0AF3-1BA1-4E1D-A1AE-EA5A597C2C77.jpeg

@sburns you’re right. 35 is amazing. Just wish there were more gas stations. It was empty for the most part.
Yeah the gas situation is funny up that way. I got myself into a bit of a challenge. Dorset has gas, a little shell station other side of town.
But I had lots of fuel there, headed to Halliburton still good, then to Kinmount, no gas, shoot, closest was Norlan, just made it.

Yeah the gas situation is funny up that way. I got myself into a bit of a challenge. Dorset has gas, a little shell station other side of town.
But I had lots of fuel there, headed to Halliburton still good, then to Kinmount, no gas, shoot, closest was Norlan, just made it.
Shell at 60/35 from now on when I’m going south. If my tank is actually 17L total I had 200mL of fuel left when I got to the gas station.

How was Southwood?
The south part was OK. Middle of it was pretty good until the train tracks. Very enjoyable just watch for gravel in corners.

Beyond the tracks it was horrible. Lots of pot holes, gravel, uneven pavement, and in all honesty had a few jarring moments when the wheel hit a pothole.

Northern part was also garbage. Honestly the second train tracks if you’re not paying attention you’re getting air at speed.

The south part was OK. Middle of it was pretty good until the train tracks. Very enjoyable just watch for gravel in corners.

Beyond the tracks it was horrible. Lots of pot holes, gravel, uneven pavement, and in all honesty had a few jarring moments when the wheel hit a pothole.

Northern part was also garbage. Honestly the second train tracks if you’re not paying attention you’re getting air at speed.
That's so strange. When I was on it last year, they were repaving it somewhere close to the north end. Are they still working on it?

The area up by Torrance Barrens is in the worse shape I've ever seen

Yeah HWY 35 is great up that way. I was just there on Wednesday, too bad the tower is closed in Dorset. Turned back and went to Haliburton.

Make a lunch stop here in Huntsville, it's a decent alternative with a great view:
Lions Lookout · Lookout Rd, Huntsville, ON P1H 1R1, Canada

You can route South Portage Rd and also County Rd 10 towards Port Sydney (which is freshly paved btw ;))

Back
Top Bottom