Weather | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

Nice I always use to ski on cold freezing days. The sun is always out.
I take it you have seasons passes.
Oh yeah, passes for sure. Otherwise it would be a day or two a year. Daily passes are crazy money. As one kid is really young, season pass for them is not much more than a single lift ticket.

As for sun being out, I beg to differ. Today was freezing and you couldnt see all that much.

Took my youngest skiing at Calabogie. Slopes were hardpacked ice. Temp was -26 without windchill.
One of his skis came off as he was practicing weighting the downhill ski and he fell. Mild concussion.
First run. He lost a minute or two of time around the fall. Getting him a new helmet tomorrow.
Spent about four hours in the ER until they cleared him.

Took my youngest skiing at Calabogie. Slopes were hardpacked ice. Temp was -26 without windchill.
One of his skis came off as he was practicing weighting the downhill ski and he fell. Mild concussion.
First run. He lost a minute or two of time around the fall. Getting him a new helmet tomorrow.
Spent about four hours in the ER until they cleared him.
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear. Was kid wearing a helmet? How old was it? As for bindings, set properly? Still on indemnity list? Not judging, just trying to learn to avoid a similar misadventure.

I set all the bindings for the family but dont have testing gear yet. Found table of torque values, now need to make a foot form to go in boots so I can check for proper release. Assuming the numbers are close to right, I have mine set a little tight and the rest of the family a little loose. Needed to tighten up one kid due to an early release in deep snow that caused a crash.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear. Was kid wearing a helmet? How old was it? As for bindings, set properly? Still on indemnity list? Not judging, just trying to learn to avoid a similar misadventure.

I set all the bindings for the family but dont have testing gear yet. Found table of torque values, now need to make a foot form to go in boots so I can check for proper release. Assuming the numbers are close to right, I have mine set a little tight and the rest of the family a little loose. Needed to tighten up one kid due to an early release in deep snow that caused a crash.
He thinks he might have stepped into it improperly and didn't fix it. It's possible that it's set too low for him, as it's been a year or two since he got the new skis and/or boots. He was wearing a helmet. It happened at the bottom of the hill right where it started flattening out. Not sure what you mean by indemnity list? Loose can sometimes be worse than tight. Nothing like popping off a ski in the middle of a beautiful carve. That's what I'm going to get checked on his when we get the helmet.

He thinks he might have stepped into it improperly and didn't fix it. It's possible that it's set too low for him, as it's been a year or two since he got the new skis and/or boots. He was wearing a helmet. It happened at the bottom of the hill right where it started flattening out. Not sure what you mean by indemnity list? Loose can sometimes be worse than tight. Nothing like popping off a ski in the middle of a beautiful carve. That's what I'm going to get checked on his when we get the helmet.
Bindings live on the indemnity list for about 10 years and then get taken off. A shop will not touch any binding not on the list. Basically expiry dates. I have some bindings I ski regularly that are 26 years old and give me no cause for concern but I would like to torque test them.

Since the bindings in question were recent, proper operation can be expected. Adjustment is probably needed. I tighten the kids bindings once or twice a year as they grow.

Improper latch is possible. Lots of snow buildup on boots recently and that gives you a light release (if you manage to get it to snap in).

Sometimes I wonder how my generation made it this far. We didn't wear face masks playing hockey, and didn't wear helmets while playing pickup. We also skiid, rode bicycles, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, ATVs, and even bowled without helmets!

Sometimes I wonder how my generation made it this far. We didn't wear face masks playing hockey, and didn't wear helmets while playing pickup. We also skiid, rode bicycles, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, ATVs, and even bowled without helmets!
So much money and space tied up in brain buckets. Probably have more than a half dozen per sport between current rotation and ones that are too small/large. Most of the time, you are fine without them. The money invested becomes instantly worthwhile the first hard hit. Even in baggsy's case with an innocuous fall and minor concussion, no helmet may have had much bigger consequences.

Weather App
screen-0.jpg
screen-2.jpg

Did not know there was a built in barometer in the latest iPhones.
I'm prone to headaches with falling pressure and it was nice to see it confirmed.

Tstorm enroute, pressure dropping, headache in progress ....at least I can track it now. It was down to 998 then climbed to 1002 and now heading down quickly with Tcells forming around us.

App is free.

Same. Five concussions later, four while wearing helmets, I have some memory issues that will never go away.

Get into your bunkers people it's apparently going to snow today! :rolleyes:
Let's see how much of a non issue this will be.

Well that was a fair bit of snow to wake up to this morning. I think a snowblower is in my future, getting to old for this shovelling $$hit.

Looks like fake spring is done, and we are back to winter or 2nd winter... :rolleyes:

About the weather outside right now.
I dug the summer tires out of the shed yesterday for our trip to the smokies next week. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom