We might as well move our capital to Washington DC | GTAMotorcycle.com

We might as well move our capital to Washington DC

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
Copyright, U.S. lobbying, and the stunning backroom Canadian response gets front page news treatment today as the Toronto Star runs my story on new revelations on copyright from the U.S. cables released by Wikileaks. The cables reveal that former Industry Minister Maxime Bernier raised the possibility of leaking the copyright bill to U.S. officials before it was to be tabled it in the House of Commons, former Industry Minister Tony Clement’s director of policy Zoe Addington encouraged the U.S. to pressure Canada by elevating it on a piracy watch list, Privy Council Office official Ailish Johnson disclosed the content of ministerial mandate letters, and former RCMP national coordinator for intellectual property crime Andris Zarins advised the U.S. that the government was working on a separate intellectual property enforcement bill.
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/5986/135/

For those of you not in the know, Geist isn't some random blogger.. He's basically the authority for privacy issues in Canada

I have 2 comments to make....

1) I love the way our majority government is openly protecting the sovereignty of this nation :rolleyes:

2) No wonder the US wanted Assange out of the way even if they had a vassal nation trump up some rape charges against him at a very "convenient" time and lean on major financial institutions to block him from accessing his own money

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/5986/135/

For those of you not in the know, Geist isn't some random blogger.. He's basically the authority for privacy issues in Canada

I have 2 comments to make....

1) I love the way our majority government is openly protecting the sovereignty of this nation :rolleyes:

2) No wonder the US wanted Assange out of the way even if they had a vassal nation trump up some rape charges against him at a very "convenient" time and lean on major financial institutions to block him from accessing his own money

SMFH. I didn't/couldn't vote Harper, but I have the feeling this sort of thing has been going on since confederation. I think Canadian sovereignty is an illusion. And Wikileaks is the ****.

I wonder how many Canadians wanna go down the tubes with the U.S. and how many want for us to salvage what we can and minimize the damage.

I wonder how many Canadians wanna go down the tubes with the U.S. and how many want for us to salvage what we can and minimize the damage.

If the Cons had been in power, the major banks would have merged a decade ago, we would have gone to "war" in Iraq, and everything would have been deregulated to core.

Now, the Cons are in power. O joy.

If the Cons had been in power, the major banks would have merged a decade ago, we would have gone to "war" in Iraq, and everything would have been deregulated to core.

Now, the Cons are in power. O joy.

Should we start celebrating now? :D

This thread lacks all the "gun"g ho conservative band wagoners who said everything bad always happens when the liberals are in.

This thread lacks all the "gun"g ho conservative band wagoners who said everything bad always happens when the liberals are in.

At least they should have checked the thread to see if our capital really got moved to Washington D.C., thus giving them a reason to celebrate :cool:

It's all about buzz words and catch phrases. With the latest scare on RFID skimming and cloning, the latest said buzz word is Faraday Cage. Now if you guys were to start calling your tinfoil hats Faraday Cages, everyone would think you're cutting edge, and (slightly) less of the bunch of kooks than you really are. It's all about presentation. Get on board already.

Because we've all got high paying jobs and are getting fat off the ignorance of the masses. We're busy people yo.

Back
Top Bottom