We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 157 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

You won’t want any of that on for clays . You don’t look at the barrel shooting clays , you look at the bird . Your leading by inches at the stand , which is by feet at the target .
And the stand in actor from a Rambo movie isn’t a cool look on a clay course .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

You won’t want any of that on for clays . You don’t look at the barrel shooting clays , you look at the bird . Your leading by inches at the stand , which is by feet at the target .
And the stand in actor from a Rambo movie isn’t a cool look on a clay course .

Totally agree! Three small screws and the whole kit comes off and then it’s just a mid bead and a truglo sight. The Holosun is for quick pick up for slugs and the ring works for a rough pattern sight too.

Very nice. I put a picatinny rail, side saddle and a Holosun green circle/dot on my comp but that all can come off easy for clays. Can definitely recommend Holosun optics if you feel you need something for that.
I plan to put a side saddle and a rail to hold a light as soon as I figure the best way to do it.

I plan to put a side saddle and a rail to hold a light as soon as I figure the best way to do it.

My picatinny rail (Mesa) came with the side saddle attached that fits a few shells. If I was going to do it all again though I’d just get the picatinny rail without the side saddle and use the Velcro shell holders as loading from the side saddle is a bit clumsy. Velcro holders can be placed anywhere including the stock and you can tear them off and replace with a new set. The saddle looks cool but there’s better options now. My belt attachment with a Safariland holder for 8 shells is a lot better than the Velcro pouches but it depends what you want.

Anybody following the development of the new high end air rifles that are going hunting? Just read an article about a hunter that took a Cape Buffalo in Africa with an air rifle , apparently hits with the impact of a .400 . That’s impressive.

Anybody following the development of the new high end air rifles that are going hunting? Just read an article about a hunter that took a Cape Buffalo in Africa with an air rifle , apparently hits with the impact of a .400 . That’s impressive.

I conceptually like the relatively high powered silenced air rifles that are popular in other parts of the world for varmints. Unfortunately our government cares more about fear and we aren't allowed to have those.

I’m just guessing , but it would considered a sniper rifle you couldn’t hear by our leaders …

I’m just guessing , but it would considered a sniper rifle you couldn’t hear by our leaders …

I think you can get the air gun with a firearms license. The silencer is prohibited.

This is the first I've heard of these high velocity air guns. Where can I learn more?

This is the first I've heard of these high velocity air guns. Where can I learn more?
Some good youtube channels with guys using them. At least one hunting iguanas in Florida and one hunting small game in UK. I will see if I can find links later.

Fwiw, air rifles have a huge variety with lots of .177, .22, .25 . . . All the way up to huge projectiles (i think somewhere close to 0.75 at the top). Both c02 and barrel break can get really decent muzzle velocity.

The fear of guns boggles my mind. Someone called the cops yesterday to come pick up her grandfathers bb gun as she didn't want it in the house. With a voter pool like that, no wonder we have the government we do. I have no idea if the cops actually went or if they told her to put it in a garbage can.

Lots of people could not tell you the difference between a pellet rifle or an AR15 , sometimes because they look really similar . They just know guns are dangerous , because with dumb people they are.

The fear of guns boggles my mind. Someone called the cops yesterday to come pick up her grandfathers bb gun as she didn't want it in the house. With a voter pool like that, no wonder we have the government we do. I have no idea if the cops actually went or if they told her to put it in a garbage can.
They should’ve charged her for wasting resources like an idiot.

Government hired foreigners with AR-15s and helicopters, to hunt nuisance deer on Vancouver Island, since we can't own AR-15s anymore?

Back
Top Bottom