We finally did it. | GTAMotorcycle.com

We finally did it.

FJRgeezer

Looks like we finally achieved our goal, pissing the locals off. In the short run nothing will change but an increase in police presence, but eventually there will be significant changes. Can't give the middle finger to the tax paying residents forever, after all these are the same people who vote for the councils etc.

Noisy Motorcycles on Hockley Road Not Welcome​

This is what a group of residents living on Hockley Road impressed upon Council. Representing the group, Trish Keachie and D’Arcy O’Neill told Council that noise, speeding and the volume of truck traffic on the County road needs to be addressed. They presented a range of options for Council to consider, though recognized that it will take a cooperative effort with the County and OPP to make it happen. Their recommendations include:

1. Create a bylaw to prohibit noisy motorcycles
  2. More police presence including speed enforcement blitzes
  3. Photo Radar
  4. Making the road pedestrian only on summer weekends
  5. Stop signs at several intersections
  6. Reduced speed limit
  7. Banning heavy trucks

Sympathetic to long standing resident concerns, Council directed staff to investigate a bylaw to regulate excessive noise from motorcycles. They also asked the Police Service Board to evaluation the group's other recommendations.

Can't wait to see the a$$hat comments if this gets posted to a FB group I know of.... 🙄
Things along the lines of "they don't want our money....":sneaky: and other nonsense.

Pretty sure a huge truck using their Jake brake is MUCH louder then a couple motorcycles. Often times the drivers use them excessively in residential neighbourhoods which they shouldn't be driving in anyways. Lots of signs that say no heavy trucks in my area but you still see them pass by.

Studies were done in Halton years ago based on the same complaints. The trucks from local limestone quarries were found to be the worst offenders.
Limestone quarries are found anywhere near and on the Niagara escarpment. They are essential to our infrastructure.

Yep if you want to keep building going to need crushed rocks and gravel

Spent a few years fixing the crushers and other equipment in most quarries in southern Ontario

So many aspects to consider...
On the one hand... I can sympathize with residents of an area that would prefer quiet enjoyment of their property.

On the other hand... it's a public road, built and maintained with public money.

Close the road... Fine, but adjust the resident's property taxes to reflect the ownership of their new private thoroughfare.

Was passing Hockley last night on the way to the cottage. First time I’ve seen OPP there in a long time.

While I understand the nimbys don’t like noise, I’m guessing they decided to buy property on a well travelled noisy road.

I’m all for enforcing the law of the land, enforce speed and noise to a provincial standard (not a nimby standard). I’m not good with special rules that benefit a few at the expense of many.

While I understand the nimbys don’t like noise, I’m guessing they decided to buy property on a well travelled noisy road.

I’m all for enforcing the law of the land, enforce speed and noise to a provincial standard (not a nimby standard). I’m not good with special rules that benefit a few at the expense of many.
Its kinda like the NIMBYs that buy a house next to the railroad tracks and then get upset about the noise. What did you expect ?

Its kinda like the NIMBYs that buy a house next to the railroad tracks and then get upset about the noise. What did you expect ?
Had a chat with some younger folk that bought on St Clair near the abattoir (?) and that they couldn’t stand the smell so were petitioning to shut it down.
I commented that it’s been there way longer and they chose to buy there. Response was the agent promised it would be shut down.

Same happened to people beside the abattoir downtown somewhere. They move to a spot near a 100 year old slaughterhouse and then complain. They feel the area should bow to them because they’re special.

As for Hockley, eff them. They live on a busy street. Live with it, or move. They want a private road? No problem, pay for it. And pay for OPP enforcement directly to enforce your special NIMBY rules.

Had a chat with some younger folk that bought on St Clair near the abattoir (?) and that they couldn’t stand the smell so were petitioning to shut it down.
I commented that it’s been there way longer and they chose to buy there. Response was the agent promised it would be shut down.

Same happened to people beside the abattoir downtown somewhere. They move to a spot near a 100 year old slaughterhouse and then complain. They feel the area should bow to them because they’re special.

As for Hockley, eff them. They live on a busy street. Live with it, or move. They want a private road? No problem, pay for it. And pay for OPP enforcement directly to enforce your special NIMBY rules.
Laguna Seca was built in the 50s. Since then houses have been built closer and closer to the track and idiots who were well aware of the track, yet still bought, are always whining about the noise.

I agree, if you want a private road, pay for it out of your own pocket.

"Create a bylaw to prohibit noisy motorcycles".

I have no issue with this, but should be expanded to include cars and trucks.

Where I live in Mississauga we have the usual idiots on cruisers, sportbikes and tuner cars with modified exhausts that are excessively loud. Hear them running on local streets and the 403 right through to 2 - 3 AM. It's these vehicles and the the owners willingness to run them to the redline that are causing 99%+ of the noise issues. Ticket them out of existence.

"Create a bylaw to prohibit noisy motorcycles".

I have no issue with this, but should be expanded to include cars and trucks.

Where I live in Mississauga we have the usual idiots on cruisers, sportbikes and tuner cars with modified exhausts that are excessively loud. Hear them running on local streets and the 403 right through to 2 - 3 AM. It's these vehicles and the the owners willingness to run them to the redline that are causing 99%+ of the noise issues. Ticket them out of existence.
Same for us. Dundas between Mavis and Mississauga Rd….how I love the 1-3am street races on both Dundas and Burnhamthorpe. L O V E I T!!

Personal favourite is the idiots trying to drift around the roundabout….super cool.

Or.... the city folks who move to the country next door to a gun club.
Take the gun club to town counsel/court to get it shut down...

They lost.

Club was established 65 years ago... Your realtor should have advised you Lol

Back
Top Bottom