Waterproof motorcycle gauntlet gloves | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waterproof motorcycle gauntlet gloves

Very nice. "Waterproof, breathable Hipora® lining". Oooooh. But...that's the lining. Again, we have the salesman's play on words - "Oh no, we said the lining, we didn't say the gloves..." :ROFLMAO:

Since you own some, can you tell me if you have done a couple of hours in pouring rain with them? Or just fill a sink with water and plunge your hands (with the glove on) into it for 5 minutes?
Many times tho I tended to avoid cold rain - I do wear heated FirstGear glove liners underneath if cold and wet. That is a good combination.
Unless you go PVC you will not avoid the outer glove being somewhat sodden but your hands are dry
.....you do not ever want to try putting wet hands into Gortex gloves.:eek:

It's the same with jackets. Outer layer gets soggy.

There is always Hippo hands to keep you dry and warm.

It's a thing of the past as no more cold and wet riding for me ....hot and wet and the best thing is wear no waterproof gear and just let the sun dry you off. No one rides in the monsoon trough.

My very own being is 60% water...
I'm not going to fret over getting a little wetter...

Best solution I've found is vinyl/latex gloves on under your "waterproof" (not waterproof) gloves. Then when the waterproof gloves quickly prove they are not actually waterproof, at least your hands themselves stay dry, preventing heat from wicking off.

And then, a second pair of dry gloves for when the rain stops.

At hotel/home after the ride, dry the wet ones out overnight.

I rode like this all the way from home to the other side of Montreal a few weeks ago when I was headed to the Cabot and had to get through several hours or heavy rain. Worked fine in conjunction with my heated grips.

I wish they made latex gloves in 6XL or something, I'd be tempted to get a box and put them on OVER my riding gloves instead, which of course, would actually work to keep things 100% dry.

Xl dishwasher gloves

Picked up a set like these, except with a wider gauntlet. Ride all day without getting wet or cold. Ice fishing gloves, 100% waterproof, 100% warm for those late October rain storms. They survive the bucket plunge test BUT...they're not MC gloves so though you're warm and comfy you lack the skid protection of padded leather and carbon fibre knuckles.

01_B000BDRSLA__07963.1636561506.jpg

Best solution I've found is vinyl/latex gloves on under your "waterproof" (not waterproof) gloves. Then when the waterproof gloves quickly prove they are not actually waterproof, at least your hands themselves stay dry, preventing heat from wicking off.

And then, a second pair of dry gloves for when the rain stops.

At hotel/home after the ride, dry the wet ones out overnight.

I rode like this all the way from home to the other side of Montreal a few weeks ago when I was headed to the Cabot and had to get through several hours or heavy rain. Worked fine in conjunction with my heated grips.

I wish they made latex gloves in 6XL or something, I'd be tempted to get a box and put them on OVER my riding gloves instead, which of course, would actually work to keep things 100% dry.
If I am staying at hotels, I have small heaters for boots/gloves (look like eggs) that make drying soaked things possible. Hair dryer to get them warm, slide in heaters and leave overnight.

I just grabbed an old pair of gloves that had no holes in them and no plastic bits, and coated them with sno seal.
If it was for the current weather, I'd use the ones with thinsulate, otherwise straight leather.

Bought 2 pairs at GP Bikes of a name brand lobster-type over glove, and both came apart at the seems in the rain after 2 hours riding. GP Bikes was kind enough to refund and return to the manufacturer. I now use a heavy industrial black rubber over glove in the size of a Sasquatch that are waterprood if not also bullet proof.

My Klim Fusion gloves are Goretex lined and they keep me warm and dry enough that I use them for both skiing and riding

Nothing short of rubber dishwashing gloves will be truly waterproof on a bike. The wind forces water into the most well-constructed seams eventually.
Thick leather and proper seam construction and nothing gets thru. Mine are fur (beaver), which repels rain and snow.

Very nice. "Waterproof, breathable Hipora® lining". Oooooh. But...that's the lining. Again, we have the salesman's play on words - "Oh no, we said the lining, we didn't say the gloves..." :ROFLMAO:

Since you own some, can you tell me if you have done a couple of hours in pouring rain with them? Or just fill a sink with water and plunge your hands (with the glove on) into it for 5 minutes?
i own them as well. i'll do a test for you tomorrow morning.

Black Diamond brand ski gloves, also used by mountaineers . leather and synthetic composition and waterproof/ somewhat breathable. gauntlet style , mine have been in three days rain , in 80km winds for 72 hrs continuous and my hands stayed dry. about $220.00 at better ski shops or Sail stores when they have inventory.

Black Diamond GTX guide gloves , that what I wear for dry and warm

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Black Diamond GTX guide gloves , that what I wear for dry and warm

Did you buy them online or is there a storefront somewhere to try them on?

Gloves are a hard one for me to buy without trying on due to my gangly digits, but these look excellent.

Follow Sochis link for brick and mortar store . I bought mine at Sail . I also suffer the long gangly finger issue , great for playing piano , not so much for buying gloves on line

Gloves are a hard one for me to buy without trying on due to my gangly digits, but these look excellent.

+1 for Black Diamond GTX. Those are the most robust gloves with real leather - doomsday edition :)
I saw them at Sail, but they didn't have my size (Large), so I bought a pair at Altitude Sports a few years back.

MEC has them. I bought the Kombi knock offs from MEC online; the leather seems a little thin on mine.

I just bought the Karbon brand leather gloves , gauntlet style , waterproof breathable hypora inserts , and BATTERY operated with rechargeable battery packs . $119.00 at Costco . Unbelievable. 6 hrs of toasty awesomeness on a charge . Even without the batteries on they are delightful.

Back
Top Bottom