Wasaga Beach | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wasaga Beach

-Maverick-

Wasaga Beach is taken over by cars this weekend...and quite a few bikes. Cars are in the thousands...everything from ricers to supercars.

Looks like a Gumball Rally from Quebec called H20.

I'm sure you'll see it on the news as helicopters were filming it.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

The Datsun 510 pictured in the article was pretty sick

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

blew out some brain cells there in the 80's

should go back some day to see how it's changed

Another one:
a73b401497589780d1f71773bb9e8c83.jpg

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Five morons (bmw, jeep, ricer, ricer, jeep) parked diagonally along george johnson for a photo shoot. Front of cars ~2` into live lane. All occupants of cars on far shoulder/live lane shooting pictures. Some days I wish I had a push bar so I could pile up their stupid cars and keep going.

Yup. Tons of nice cars and a lot with horrible modifications going on. Can hear them ripping up and down from the cottage.
OPP presence is very strong today here.

It's a dump now, a shadow of its former glory.

Wasaga wishes it could be as nice as Grand Bend.

Parents took us there when we were kids a few times a summer. Pics of us on the beach when you could drive your car right on the sand. In my 30's got tinnitus (permanent) watching bands at the Dard. Big Sugar was loud!! As an adult It was cool walking along the Mall. Very nostalgic for me as it never changed. Once that burned down the place has zero draw for me. It was always kind of dumpy though.

Wasn't the nicest place 20 years ago when I used to go up there regularly but, it was a different time and I have some great memories. I haven't been in years but have heard it's in a sad state now.

My gf's daughter went up yesterday morning and had planned to spend the weekend, she facetimed us as she was getting ready to leave within an hour of getting there. She was freaked out and I couldn't believe what I was seeing, as if no one told these kids about the pandemic. She half jokingly said she could smell the covid in the air.

So, now is a good time to buy real estate in Wasaga. Before the revitalization.

So, now is a good time to buy real estate in Wasaga. Before the revitalization.

I don't see that happening anytime soon. If you want to know where its at... check out Collingwood... specifically near the Blue Mountains.

Just about every development there has big time waiting lists, or sold out and they haven't even put a shovel in the ground yet.

Wasaga is now closed to non-residents. Apparently checking id's at checkpoints and turning away non-locals.
I wonder how that will work with people that booked hotels/ b&b/ rented a cottage etc?

I wonder how that will work with people that booked hotels/ b&b/ rented a cottage etc?

Hopefully they get the message before they leave to go for a drive. Getting back in will be a pain. I assume that you can get back in by showing a booking confirmation or something but I expect they won't be in a rush to help you so you will waste a lot of time and prefer to go home to avoid the hassle.

I don't see that happening anytime soon. If you want to know where its at... check out Collingwood... specifically near the Blue Mountains.

Just about every development there has big time waiting lists, or sold out and they haven't even put a shovel in the ground yet.
I think you may have misunderstood my intentions:
No way I would buy Collingwood now, everyone wants to be there... that's when I want to be SELLING Collingwood.
I want to buy where people are trying to get out of, and you get property cheaper.
This would be an investment for my 8 year old or my retirement in 20 years.
I can wait
Time is on my side, yes it is

I think you may have misunderstood my intentions:
No way I would buy Collingwood now, everyone wants to be there... that's when I want to be SELLING Collingwood.
I want to buy where people are trying to get out of, and you get property cheaper.
This would be an investment for my 8 year old or my retirement in 20 years.
I can wait
Time is on my side, yes it is

understood.

just saying, I don't see it happening anytime "soon"

I believe Collingwood market will be hot for the next 2 years at least. Likely more.

was a dump then, but was a nice beach
used to be some private campgrounds that would pack the youngsters in on long weekends
get a site the size of postage stamp
were usually a few burned out wrecks of cars come Monday morning

this was pre-aids epidemic, and the 70's free love attitude was still hanging on
great time to be a teenager

Back
Top Bottom