Wasaga Beach and Collingwood area? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wasaga Beach and Collingwood area?

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Looking for recommendations of roads / loops around Wasaga Beach and Collingwood. Going up soon and want to trailer the bike up for a 2-4hr ride.

Beaver Valley Rd
Pretty River Rd
HWY 9 from Creemore - Maple Valley
HWT 119 past Scenic Caves
River Rd Between Kilgorie & Horning Mils.

No loops you'll have to figure out where they are... :LOL:

"sburns" Has a route that is pretty close to what I do.
Being an Ex Ski patroller.

Just for variety. Starting off from Caledon Ski Club. North to River road. Going West. Collingwood area. T Going through the no longer open. Via Flesherton. Talisman Ski Club. Via, Takes me to Beaver Valley. Possible via Pretty River road. It is very much a mish mash route. From the top the of Collingwood, heading the top of the crest and looking down on Georgian Bay. A few nice twisties on the way down. Takes you towards Just South of Collingwood. Stopping at Timmies on Poplar Road. Not sure of the exact location. There is a Macewens,7618 Poplar Sideroad Unit 3, Collingwood, ON L9Y 0G5, Going South route 26. If you have missed Pretty River Road, you can do it now. You can also pick up River road. On Airport Road at new Shell Gas Station. Head East towards Alliston. Timmies and a few other coffee shops. Fish and chips in the same Plaza area. Depending, where you going home. Your Choice. I end up going South on 50. Hope this might help.

You obviously can make changes. Takes me, with lazy stops, also including SuperBurger. Highway 89 and 10. about 5 `ish hours.

Last edited:
Thanks @cycling and @sburns for the roads. Will map them out tomorrow.

@danp that’s a great ride also but I think Wasaga to Owen sound is a bit far…esp on a long weekend. It’ll be traffic for sure.

Thanks @cycling and @sburns for the roads. Will map them out tomorrow.

@danp that’s a great ride also but I think Wasaga to Owen sound is a bit far…esp on a long weekend. It’ll be traffic for sure.
My pleasure. Long weekend. Most of the route will keep you away from traffic. Depending, of you are stay away from 10. if possible. The one place you will have tourist traffic is from the top of Blue Mountain. Great views hence the tourists.

That 9 road between Maple Valley & Creemore is nice and typically lightly travelled. If you have time, pop by Creemore Springs Brewery and sit outside on their patio & have a sample of 3 of their beers in 5 oz glasses for $5.

That 9 road between Maple Valley & Creemore is nice and typically lightly travelled. If you have time, pop by Creemore Springs Brewery and sit outside on their patio & have a sample of 3 of their beers in 5 oz glasses for $5.
Thanks for the tip might pick some up.

I’ve got an aversion to any beer on the bike. Car I’m cool with one pint, but bike I stay away from anything just to make sure the mind and reflexes are clear.

Thanks for the tip might pick some up.

I’ve got an aversion to any beer on the bike. Car I’m cool with one pint, but bike I stay away from anything just to make sure the mind and reflexes are clear.
Sames

It's also posted as 80kph for most of it. Some sections that limit is questionable.
Also, watch out for the spandex warriors on weekends. They love to ride in a pack up the hills and block all traffic.

Whenever I've done it, we're chatting, etc so the beer goes down over the course of about an hour and I could've been drinking water as it has no effect on me at all, but I understand, esp if you're on your own and not planning on hanging around. (y)

you should include 21 east from Redeickville

Back
Top Bottom