Warning: vinsuperinfo.com is an online scam targeting vehicle sellers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warning: vinsuperinfo.com is an online scam targeting vehicle sellers

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
I'm trying to sell my wife's bike and I've listed it online in several places. Got a txt the other day and the exchange went like this:

scam.jpg

Sounds like a UVIP, but when you go to the website, they ask you for $25 and your PayPal credentials. Once the money has been transferred, they leave you high and dry.

http://vinsuperinfo.com

Used to be:

Scammers will probably change the domain name in a couple of months after this one has been flagged.

I've checked several reports online and typically the scammer will refuse a UVIP or CarFax report. Red flags here.

Seller beware!

Last edited:
I hope you didn't actually give them your Paypal credentials!!

If what you mean is that you paid using Paypal, then lodge a dispute with Paypal for the $25. Include any references you may have found as to the scamming nature of this website. Paypal is very good at supporting buyers so there should be a good chance of getting the $25 back.

I hope you didn't actually give them your Paypal credentials!!

If what you mean is that you paid using Paypal, then lodge a dispute with Paypal for the $25. Include any references you may have found as to the scamming nature of this website. Paypal is very good at supporting buyers so there should be a good chance of getting the $25 back.

No, I didn't buy the report. I searched online and found reports of similar scams from the same name and area code. They've changed the URL a little bit, so I thought I'd just post this up on the Interwebs for the search engines to catalog.

There must be money in it if they keep on doing it.
It’s low effort for high reward. Send out a few thousand of those….even get a few % and it’s simple profit.

Same as the CRA, gift card, and Nigerian Prince. Cast a net wide enough and you’re bound to catch some suckers.

EDIT: Think I’ll start up some fake girl profiles and look for some lonely dudes to send me money. I joke.

It’s low effort for high reward. Send out a few thousand of those….even get a few % and it’s simple profit.

Same as the CRA, gift card, and Nigerian Prince. Cast a net wide enough and you’re bound to catch some suckers.

EDIT: Think I’ll start up some fake girl profiles and look for some lonely dudes to send me money. I joke.

Attachments

• nigerian-man-dies-and-authorities-find-27-billion-in-his-28188218.png
    nigerian-man-dies-and-authorities-find-27-billion-in-his-28188218.png
    163 KB · Views: 36
You come outta retirement and it's pure gold, buddy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom