Voom Motorcycle Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Voom Motorcycle Insurance

-Maverick-

Saw this on Ryan's latest F9 video as an ad at the end of the video. Seems like a great idea in theory...hopefully it, or something similar comes to Canada. And hopefully it addresses the owning of multiple motorcycles and paying full premiums for each:

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Last edited:
Great idea. I doubt that we will ever see this in Ontario.

And hopefully it addresses the owning of multiple motorcycles and paying full premiums for each:
This was already addressed somewhat; call in and put fire on theft on your unused bikes.

This was already addressed somewhat; call in and put fire on theft on your unused bikes.
What if you want to ride your sportbike on the weekend and your supermoto as a daily? Call your insurance company every week? It used to be $50 per year per extra bike back in the 80's and 90's as you can only ride one bike at a time. But they wiggled around it stating that anyone in your household could technically get ahold of your bike. So full premiums on every motorcycle. It's a ripoff that's never been challenged.

Last edited:
What if you want to ride your sportbike on the weekend and your supermoto as a daily? Call your insurance company every week? It used to be $50 per year per extra bike back in the 80's and 90's as you can only ride one bike at a time. But they wiggled around it stating that anyone in your household could technically get ahold of your bike. So full premiums on every motorcycle. It's a ripoff that's never been challenged.

There was a time a few years ago that I could fax my Insurer 24 hrs prior to switching over coverage to a 2nd bike. So for weekend runs it worked well but over time they made it known that it wasn't welcomed on their part. They jacked up my rates the next season so moved to another Insurer and have two older bikes together for liability only and pay what they ask.

I use the caa version on my convertible and van works awesome. 200 a year and 20 dollars on my visa every 1000 k I use.

Sent from the future

I use the caa version on my convertible and van works awesome. 200 a year and 20 dollars on my visa every 1000 k I use.

Sent from the future
Same here on my Bullitt ... it's called CAA MyPace. Too bad they don't have it for bikes too.

Great idea. I doubt that we will ever see this in Ontario.
You know, I could see it being attractive to insurers. Simple to administrate, and it magically resolves the argument they have to have with their customers any time somebody cancels their policy in the summer

Sent from the future
I have caa. What exactly is this insurance?

Reactions: LBV
Getting off-track but the CAA MyPace is a great idea if you have a 2nd "toy" car or simply drive less than 12k per year.

The premium will depend on the car but as an example, on my 2020 Mustang, it's $694/year plus $120 for every 1,000 km after 0. They send you an OBD device that only reports back mileage and there's also a MyPace app you can put on your phone to track where you're at re: the mileage and your trips etc..

Will likely save me about $700.

Getting off-track but the CAA MyPace is a great idea if you have a 2nd "toy" car or simply drive less than 12k per year.

The premium will depend on the car but as an example, on my 2020 Mustang, it's $694/year plus $120 for every 1,000 km after 0. They send you an OBD device that only reports back mileage and there's also a MyPace app you can put on your phone to track where you're at re: the mileage and your trips etc..

Indeed. Just got off the phone . Looks like my 2013 Matrix with about 3000kms/year (retired) would be around $150. That's stupid cheap.

EDIT: do I need a smart phone for this?

• Wow
Indeed. Just got off the phone . Looks like my 2013 Matrix with about 3000kms/year (retired) would be around $150. That's stupid cheap.

EDIT: do I need a smart phone for this?
I don't believe so but best to check with them.

I have it on a 2005 van and 98 Camaro they don't get used much, they are both under 200 plus the 30 per 1000 they both get used less than 4k a year so stupid cheap.

Sent from the future

CAA MyPace look interesting. I'll look into this.

Combining my commute to work (if I drove everyday) and weekly tasks I'm about 25-30km's a week and the same for my wife's car.

Ontario has had usage-based-insurance (UBI) for years, and like others have said it's already offered by some companies. It's up to the companies to determine how to use/implement them.

Back
Top Bottom