UPDATED info --Service Ontario 777 Bay Street | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

UPDATED info --Service Ontario 777 Bay Street

Re: Service Ontario 777 Bay Street

Wonderful :( Guess I have to wait until May of next year now.

You can still write the M1 and book the training course with RTI. They got courses running until mid November. Although I don't know what their availability is.

Why would you have to wait until May? if you are going to wait until next year, then at least take the written test early, so you don't have to wait the 60 days to upgrade to your M2.

You can still write the M1 and book the training course with RTI. They got courses running until mid November. Although I don't know what their availability is.

Why would you have to wait until May? if you are going to wait until next year, then at least take the written test early, so you don't have to wait the 60 days to upgrade to your M2.

Doesn't the M1 expire after 90 days? Meaning he has to retake it again next year...

Doesn't the M1 expire after 90 days? Meaning he has to retake it again next year...

The training course (assuming he passes) would get him an M2... and that can be upgraded at 777 Bay St as well.

Got confused cos you said "if you are going to wait until next year, then at least take the written test early". Anyway yeah if he does his course this year he's good.

It says on the Drivetest site that M1 testing is seasonal and runs from early May to the end of September. And I believe the cut off for the RTI November course has passed. If any of that is wrong by all means let me know.

Hey guys, just found this thread ... this may be a stupid question, but, I took my MSF course in the summer, and my 60 days was up on Aug 26... was there at drivetest on 27th just to see they went on strike a week before.....

so now my M1 is expired, the sealed envelope says it expired end of september......... with all this expired info, would they still upgrade my license to M2 at the 777 bay st location?

thanks...

Hey guys, just found this thread ... this may be a stupid question, but, I took my MSF course in the summer, and my 60 days was up on Aug 26... was there at drivetest on 27th just to see they went on strike a week before.....

so now my M1 is expired, the sealed envelope says it expired end of september......... with all this expired info, would they still upgrade my license to M2 at the 777 bay st location?

thanks...

You're fine, go get your upgrade. 777 Bay St. is the only location in Ontario that does license upgrades outside of the drive test locations.

Be prepared for a wait though. I got there at 8:30 and ended up having to wait for 2 hours. Got ticketed by the meter maid too.

I went to 777 Bay maybe a month ago and I got my M2 license mailed in yesterday. Darkdark was right on the money.

Hey Guys,

I am new to the area. I am struck with the current strike. I could not get my license and hence I cannot buy a car. I have to depend on some one or take a taxi. It sucks.

But I heard 777 Bay street is open for business. Does any one knows if I can go and get my license exchanged to get a Ontario G license. Please let me know. I live in London and I want to know if it's worth going to Toronto to give it a try.

Appreciate your input.

DriveTest centers partially resumed service

I was in the position that many of us where caught in when getting my M1 this summer. I heard about the partial resumed service that DriveTest was offering
at a few location and asked them if my upgrading to M2 with Referral fell in the limited services that they are now providing. As it looks by the response below
it is. This is good for those like me that aren't able to go down to the 777 location to get this done.

Thank you for your email of November 12, 2009.

Due to the ongoing labour disruption, DriveTest will only be providing very limited services at six of our DriveTest Centres. This does include upgrading your M1 license to M2.

The only DriveTest Centres that will be open are:
• Brampton
• Toronto Port Union
• Ottawa Canotek Road
• Kitchener
• North Bay, and
• Thunder Bay

Please expect long line ups and wait times are expected

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause, please refer to the DriveTest website at www.drivetest.ca for any further updates on this situation as they become available.

Sincerely,

Sairah Jacob
DriveTest (Serco DES)

Field Administrative Supervisor - Southwest Region

Hey Guys,

I am new to the area. I am struck with the current strike. I could not get my license and hence I cannot buy a car. I have to depend on some one or take a taxi. It sucks.

But I heard 777 Bay street is open for business. Does any one knows if I can go and get my license exchanged to get a Ontario G license. Please let me know. I live in London and I want to know if it's worth going to Toronto to give it a try.

Appreciate your input.
If you have a licence equivalent to G from another province? you might not even have to go to drive test.

Does anyone know if you can still write your M1 test at 777 Bay/College Park?
Most of this thread seems to be from a strike. The DriveTest website tells me I have to go way outside of downtown Toronto (where I live) to write the test.
Say it ain't so!

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom