UPDATED info --Service Ontario 777 Bay Street | GTAMotorcycle.com

UPDATED info --Service Ontario 777 Bay Street

TheGradyTrain

Site Supporter
During the current strike situation with the DriveTest Centres. The only office in the GTA processing paperwork is at the Service Ontario Centre at 777 Bay Street. It is located on the concourse level on the Bay Street side of the College Park complex.

Services offered are:

M1 Testing
Referral envelope processing for your M2 and your full M license.

For those who have paperwork and have been waiting to upgrade. It appears it does not matter if you have DriveTest or Service Ontario checked off on the front of your envelope. I would suggest though you ask the person before handing over the envelope just to double check that it is ok.

If your current license is about to expire or has expired. The ministry has automatically extended them until the current labour dispute is settled.

-------------------------------
Updated information: Thanks to shag for sharing his e-mail response. (Nov 14/09)
-------------------------------
Thank you for your email of November 12, 2009.

Due to the ongoing labour disruption, DriveTest will only be providing very limited services at six of our DriveTest Centres. This does include upgrading your M1 license to M2.

The only DriveTest Centres that will be open are:
• Brampton
• Toronto Port Union
• Ottawa Canotek Road
• Kitchener
• North Bay, and
• Thunder Bay

Please expect long line ups and wait times are expected

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause, please refer to the DriveTest website at www.drivetest.ca for any further updates on this situation as they become available.

Sincerely,

Sairah Jacob
DriveTest (Serco DES)

Field Administrative Supervisor - Southwest Region

Last edited:
Re: Service Ontario 777 Bay Street

I walked in today at 11:07 am and walked out 52 minutes later with an M2 and my envelope was marked for drive test centre not service ontario. If you have the M2 paperwork this office will accept it

I went in a week ago. only "Drivetest" checked on the envelope. they didn't even look for that.. she opened, processed an gave me my M2. only in there 30 mins or so.

So, my M1 expired today... Can i go to this office and rewrite? I know its technically still valid while the strike is on, but i really dont want to get caught up in the mad rush of people trying to get licences when the strike actually ends.

Well I figured I need to get my M2 so I would bite the bullet and pay RTI for the course and then get my paperwork to take to the MTO at the above address.... Well no so fast... I find out today that RTI is still giving the courses but will not hand over the paperwork till the strike ends... WTF is that all about? They are not even part of the union....

Well I figured I need to get my M2 so I would bite the bullet and pay RTI for the course and then get my paperwork to take to the MTO at the above address.... Well no so fast... I find out today that RTI is still giving the courses but will not hand over the paperwork till the strike ends... WTF is that all about? They are not even part of the union....

Check with Humber College they may be giving out the paperwork

Did they give a reason why, they're holding on to the referral envelopes?

Check with Humber College they may be giving out the paperwork

Yeah I wanted RTI tho as they train very close to my home and I know a trainer there so I get a bit of a discount.

Did they give a reason why, they're holding on to the referral envelopes?

Nope, no reason given. My contract there is going to discuss it with someone tomorrow and get back to me. Makes no sense they hold the paperwork when they are not affiliated with the union at all...

Yeah I wanted RTI tho as they train very close to my home and I know a trainer there so I get a bit of a discount.

Nope, no reason given. My contract there is going to discuss it with someone tomorrow and get back to me. Makes no sense they hold the paperwork when they are not affiliated with the union at all...

I suspect the union is applying formal or informal pressure somewhere in all this.

Conestoga is giving the referral envelope upon completion of the course/test. If you're up for the 1+ hour drive to kitchener then you can do it there.

I suspect the union is applying formal or informal pressure somewhere in all this.

RTI's Oakville training course uses the parking lot and classroom of an auto union.

Don't know about other locations, but I'm sure RTI doesn't want to be either kicked out of that location.

Do you guys know if i can go there and write a written test?

Do you guys know if i can go there and write a written test?
Yep, I did it a couple of weeks ago. Expect a bit of a wait, because you have to wait your turn to get the process started with the front desk people. They take your info and money, then you head off to the exam room where there will be very few people. I ended up waiting 45 minutes to get processed, but so few people are taking the written exams that the test stations were close to empty the whole time I was waiting. Screwy set up, but what can you do?

Does anyone know if you write your M1 test @ 777 Bay St. to get you beginners still Sept 29 09
During the current strike situation with the DriveTest Centres. The only office in the GTA processing paperwork is at the Service Ontario Centre at 777 Bay Street. It is located on the concourse level on the Bay Street side of the College Park complex.

Services offered are:

M1 Testing
Referral envelope processing for your M2 and your full M license.

For those who have paperwork and have been waiting to upgrade. It appears it does not matter if you have DriveTest or Service Ontario checked off on the front of your envelope. I would suggest though you ask the person before handing over the envelope just to double check that it is ok.

If your current license is about to expire or has expired. The ministry has automatically extended them until the current labour dispute is settled.

Do you guys know if we can go to any service Ontario counters to submit our envelope after the MSF course for our M2s?

Back
Top Bottom