U.S. Driver's Licence | GTAMotorcycle.com

U.S. Driver's Licence

PaisaMed

Any GTAM members who possess a U.S. driver's licence in addition to their Ontario licence?

If yes, is your bike insured in the state from which your U.S. licence was issued?

To be insured in either location, you would need to have a permanent mailing address.

Didn't even know I could ever want one :unsure: they seemed to be good with the one I have.

.... maybe if I had dual citizenship?

you probably just didn't get a tiny refund that you could have. Thank you for your support (y)

... love your videos btw ?

fok HTA

I've had DL's from 2 other jurisdictions at the same time as ON
now from within Canada that may be a problem
but from another country you just don't use it while here

It's an Ontario law, in square talk,
No person shall apply for, secure or retain in his or her possession more than one Ontario driver’s licence
better now ?
They are talking about your Ontario driver license. the word 'any' isn't anywhere or it would read completely different.

I have a British and Ontario licence. Weird I’d never give up the British, they are a lot harder to get than the box of cornflakes Ontario issued one.

I have a British and Ontario licence. Weird I’d never give up the British, they are a lot harder to get than the box of cornflakes Ontario issued one.
that's because they all drive on the wrong side of the roads.

Any GTAM members who possess a U.S. driver's licence in addition to their Ontario licence?

If yes, is your bike insured in the state from which your U.S. licence was issued?
I do, but only due to sloppiness on behalf of Service Ontario - when I exchanged my US licence for my Canadian licence, Service Ontario never informed the state so I was able to keep and renew.

There is some novelty, but no other benefit. I used to keep a car in the US, I had no problems getting insured with Gieco using a Canadian DL.

USA and Canada has reciprocity agreements in regards to drivers licenses. Since 1989 that also applies to commercial licenses.
To have one of each, that's is just like paying taxes twice, thankyou for your excess tax contribution to the receiver general.

Could probably do it if you fake a US address somewhere and claim it’s your “permanent” one.

But don’t be surprised when they drop you like a hot potato for material misrepresentation if you ever need that insurance some day. It’s an easy out for them to just walk away and leave you high and dry with a massive bill or lawsuit liability.

Not worth any potential savings.

Reactions: AGS

Back
Top Bottom