Twisties in Durham region. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Twisties in Durham region.

graves357

Was out riding with a friend in pickering the other day and where TF are the twisties?

Minus the zoo which is 3 minutes and twin Rivers Rd which is congested with cars doing 30km. Where's the good roads??

lol I was going to say just north of the zoo. I used to live at that one too.

Seriously,
I lived in the zoo.

benampcouger-zps7ab7cb5e.jpg

lol I had house pets that could eat you.

the original surveyors of what became the GTA were a boring bunch
even though the land is flat as a pancake and there is only one water body of any significance
they made the area a grid

really should have put completely unnecessary twists in all the roads
TO people are an endless source of amusement at times

hint: find some hills and lakes
for some strange reason twisty roads are surely near by

Durham? None -- the only excitement you'll see is ramps to the 4xx highways. Maybe the big curve heading north to Zepher.

the original surveyors of what became the GTA were a boring bunch
even though the land is flat as a pancake and there is only one water body of any significance
they made the area a grid

really should have put completely unnecessary twists in all the roads
TO people are an endless source of amusement at times

hint: find some hills and lakes
for some strange reason twisty roads are surely near by

So OP is looking for "twisties" in a planned residential community.
OK.

...maybe OP could look at a map.....

Head north and over towards Rice Lake.

I guess twisties are a relative thing.
  • If you live and ride in TO then a twisty might be a highway ramp
  • If you live in and ride in the GTA then a twisty might be the Forks of the Credit
  • If you live in and ride Ontario a twisty might be the 507 or Glamorgan or 518 or Calabogie or .........
  • If you live in Ontario and ride in the US a twisty might be 555 or the Dragon or many roads in south OH or most roads in WV .........

• If you live in and ride in the GTA then a twisty might be the Forks of the Credit
  • If you live in and ride Ontario a twisty might be the 507 or Glamorgan or 518 or Calabogie or .........
  • If you live in Ontario and ride in the US a twisty might be 555 or the Dragon or many roads in south OH or most roads in WV .........
I rode through Smuggler's Notch yesterday, does that count?

No wonder the world thinks Canada is boring.... we even **** up make our roads dull. :rolleyes:

From Pickering you're gonna need to ride a minimum of 45 minutes to get to anything even remotely interesting aside from what's been mentioned.
But if you're looking for strictly inside Durham Region, good luck with that.

If you're looking for some day trips....

North of Madoc there's Deloro Road.

Northeys Bay Road.

Buckhorn area, 507.

Southwood Road.

Gotta run some time in the saddle to get to any of them, but they're all worth it.

Twyn Rivers Drive would be a blast if you could block it off to all other traffic and remove the 40k speed limit signs.

Back
Top Bottom