Twisties in Durham region. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Twisties in Durham region.

I did Twyn Rivers this morning, it was empty. Then scooted up Altona.

There are a couple of big sweepers in Durham -- 23 from Alsops Beach to Port Bolster, then Lakeridge south just of 48. Did them today on my way back from Minden.

Thanks I might look into this.

As for the rest of everyone's comments positive or negative its all good thanks for taking a look.
Take this same route east to 35, then head north on 35 less than a mile...turn east ( right) on Mount Horeb Rd.... it's a little boring at first, but there are a few similar curves....go down the hill at the end, turn east ( right) into Omeeme...the take another right ( south) on to Ski Hill Rd....go into Bethany, turn left (east) on 7A ... then turn south into County Rd. 10....That will take you into Port Hope...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

There is not much near me in Pickering, but, there are a few places I go locally for some "turns". Pickering Parkway from Brock to Liverpool. Granite Court from Whites to the bridge going over the 401. Twin Rivers. And around the Zoo. Now Morningside Auto mall actually has a route you can zip around for some corners. It's mostly right turns, but it's better than nothing.

A few of us used to criss cross the Rouge River all the way down from Plug Hat road to the 401 on MX bikes.
Would not recommend you try that now.

What about Chalk Lake Road (near Lake Ridge Ski resort). That has some nice turns, and no one around.

Take this same route east to 35, then head north on 35 less than a mile...turn east ( right) on Mount Horeb Rd.... it's a little boring at first, but there are a few similar curves....go down the hill at the end, turn east ( right) into Omeeme...the take another right ( south) on to Ski Hill Rd....go into Bethany, turn left (east) on 7A ... then turn south into County Rd. 10....That will take you into Port Hope...

Hey, you forgot to finish the ride! From Port Hope continue on to Lakeshore road and end at Bond head. I must have done this ride a thousand times. And it works just as well in the opposite direction. Don't forget to wave at the guy on the Lupin Blue R1200RS.

Hey, you forgot to finish the ride! From Port Hope continue on to Lakeshore road and end at Bond head. I must have done this ride a thousand times. And it works just as well in the opposite direction. Don't forget to wave at the guy on the Lupin Blue R1200RS.
That’s a real nice ride, done it many times.If you continue east through Port Hope and Cobourg oon Hwy.2 you’ll come to a little town called Grafton and just past that is a road running north called Shelter Valley Road which has about 15 minutes of beautiful high speed sweeping corners and eventually dumps you on the southeast corner of Rice Lake.I highly recommend Shelter Valley Road, very little traffic and I have never seen a cop on it ( your results may vary ).

I forgot to mention, the right into County road 10 is at Cavan, there is an Ultramar on the corner.

Yes, there are a bunch of possibilities/variations...I used to do that loop at least once a week, 3yrs running. Unfortunately I dont ride on the roads that much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom