TV shows currently watching

The (New) Grand Tour S1 is out on Prime.
Just watched first episode adn it’s awesome!
Ready to watch it and follow new trio for the next 10+ years :)

Not sure if the hosts will grab me but that relay race was awesome. Thanks.
 
Not sure if the hosts will grab me but that relay race was awesome. Thanks.

I think they’re a bit uptight and awkward in this new (to them) format, but once they relax, get to know each other, and start behaving more naturally, plus introduce a lot more social lubricant (a proven recipe from the original trio) - it should get much better (I hope) 🙂
So far, I’m enjoying the cool cars and all the places they visit, so I’m in on this show for now.
 
Been a while since I've watched this series - 12 Seasons -
 
"Lanterns" - Doesn't follow the comics, in the same way that the MCU doesn't, but DAMN that's some great character development. Light on ring use, which lets the actual Modern Noir story play out over multiple decades.
 
Excellent reviews ...BBC know how to do crime shows.
Very good if you can source it…clearly the Irish police have a different approach with guns than the Brits
more Peaky Blinders than Sherlock
Not sure the troubles are over given what’s happening in the north just now.
Very engaged ...a very good cast.🍿
Binged the whole season (y)
 
Last edited:
Enjoyed this
Had watched a few years back but did not continue....this season had a good cast ans stories to tell....recommended
 
Was watching Criminal Minds for a while, I thought it would keep me longer into the multiple seasons but I had to stop. It became less about what the series started out as and more about tortured victims.
Mandy Patinkin left for similar reasons.

Onto Reacher - finished it, was much better then S3.
Pretty sure it was filmed at Filmores Hotel in Toronto.
 
Onto Reacher - finished it, was much better then S3.
Pretty sure it was filmed at Filmores Hotel in Toronto.
Yup, it definitely was. Filmore's also appeared in an episode of "Law and Order Toronto: Criminal Intent", which has just launched it's new season with two episodes. Sadly, Aden young is not returning as Sgt. Henry Graff. I rather enjoyed the quirkiness and weird knowledge of the character. He's replaced by Luke Kirby as Sgt. John Darcy, a transfer from the Guns and Gangs Taskforce.
 
The "Reacher" spin-off "Neaglie" is pretty good, though I've only watched the first episode so far. Similar formula. Good soundtrack.

Finally got around to watching this. About a third of the way through and she’s a great character. She was good as a sidekick in Reacher but she can really hold her own as a strong female lead.

Anyway, really good story so far, looking forward to a season 2.
 
Finally got around to watching this. About a third of the way through and she’s a great character. She was good as a sidekick in Reacher but she can really hold her own as a strong female lead.

Anyway, really good story so far, looking forward to a season 2.
And where Reacher is a monolith, never changing, Neagley has some growth.
 
Finished up S4 of Star Trek SNW.

Entertaining, but feel the series is slipping into Discovery territory (not good). They didn't really discover any new worlds most of the episodes happened on the ship, not necessarily bad just a bit lacking.

Getting into Lioness S3 now - started out with a bang!
 
Alan is quite the big dude.

Will check out Neagley later, need a break from that world.
I use the term "meat wall." He was already big but when he found out he got the role for "Reacher", he started pushing his workouts even harder.
 
Back
Top Bottom