TV shows currently watching | Page 89 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Loving Prestige TV.

They're drawing a lot of writing, directing and acting talent away from the movie industry.
What is Prestige TV? Series, network?

All the good stuff is happening on the small screen these days. The movie industry is all about go big or go home. Marvel stuff is ok for what it is but has pushed out any real creative stuff. Plus with movie budgets skyrocketing the risks are much greater for flops.
I am good with this, the writing for the small screen, it is tremendous with great characters, with just enough effects not to distract.

Bad Education was excellent. Really well done and a crazy but true story. Highly recommended.

Prestige TV is simply a phrase used to describe premium shorter run TV show content, which now attracts some of the best writing, production and acting from Hollywood and the movies. I've also seen it described as the new golden age of TV as well.

Last edited:
What is Prestige TV? Series, network?

To me, it means big budget, big name actors/writers/directors, mini-series (8-10 episodes a season), non-procedural.

Mainly plays on cable and streaming, where there are less constraints on adult-oriented content, but could be network.

Shows like Westworld, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Ozark, True Detective, Fargo...

Anybody like Preacher? I think I have some episodes still to watch from that.

Totally warped and very unique series.

I have heard this show mentioned a few times here. From the plot description it doesn't appeal to me, but obviously there is more to it if you all are talking about it.
I find it quite engaging.
I also haven't been able to predict the direction the show will go next.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I like sci fi, looking for ideally just one subscription service that will provide the best bang for buck in the sci fi genre, any suggestions?

The King's Avatar on Netflix. It takes some creative license with the novel, but it's pretty good. (Mandarin with English subtitles).

Watched 4/6 episodes of "The Capture" so far. A British series. Finding it a really good watch.
Basis is soldier in UK gets released from prison (wins appeal) and promptly gets thrown investigated for murder etc etc. Won't ruin the rest of the story line, but to anyone with video editing knowledge, it's scary what you can do nowadays.

Watched 4/6 episodes of "The Capture" so far. A British series. Finding it a really good watch.
Basis is soldier in UK gets released from prison (wins appeal) and promptly gets thrown investigated for murder etc etc. Won't ruin the rest of the story line, but to anyone with video editing knowledge, it's scary what you can do nowadays.

great series! I really enjoyed this!

never heard of the show and don't how I missed it
binged Halt and Catch Fire over the last week
great show, especially if you're an X'er geek

Finished up S5 of Better Call Saul... show feels like it's not going anyplace. Been waiting for Saul to be come Saul like in Breaking Bad... still doesn't feel close. Very dull.

Finished up S5 of Better Call Saul... show feels like it's not going anyplace. Been waiting for Saul to be come Saul like in Breaking Bad... still doesn't feel close. Very dull.
Yes it's dragging on a bit

never heard of the show and don't how I missed it
binged Halt and Catch Fire over the last week
great show, especially if you're an X'er geek

I loved it. Not sure why it was largely overlooked during its run.

Reactions: J_F

I still enjoy it but they probably could've connected the dots to Breaking Bad this season instead of dragging it on for another season. That said, the Bagman episode was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom