TV shows currently watching | Page 84 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Just started watching The King's Avatar on Netflix.
I'm not sure how closely it follows the light novel, or how much it covers.
There appears to be only one season so far, for a novel of 1,500+ chapters.
The subtitles are a little rough.

ZZ Top docu on Netflix

never been a big fan but it's an interesting story
and well done docu...best enjoyed with a decent sound system

I caught up on some shows to clear pvr space. S3 of The Sinner is quite good so far, even better than The Outsider. S5 of The Magicians is still engaging (I was in from the start of S1 years back).

There are a number of new shows (or seasons) still coming out. I missed the start of S2 of The New Pope but will catch up at some point; it has John Malkovich with Jude Law. The new Sam Esmail show Briarpatch has good reviews, a nice cast and looks interesting. Devs is starting shortly, a new show from Adam Garland. S3 of Cosmos is beginning shortly on Nat Geo. Lost Cities with Albert Lin on Nat Geo has been excellent. There's the esoteric new Dispatches from Elsewhere with Jason Segel.

D Wade: Life Unexpected was good. The documentary The Kingmaker is highly awarded and pretty crazy.

Last edited:
I caught up on some shows to clear pvr space. S3 of The Sinner is quite good so far, even better than The Outsider. S5 of The Magicians is still engaging (I was in from the start of S1 years back).

There are a number of new shows (or seasons) still coming out. I missed the start of S2 of The New Pope but will catch up at some point; it has John Malkovich this season with Jude Law. The new Sam Esmail show Briarpatch has good reviews, a nice cast and looks interesting. Devs is starting shortly, a new show from Adam Garland. S3 of Cosmos is beginning shortly on Nat Geo. Lost Cities with Albert Lin on Nat Geo has been excellent. There's the esoteric new Dispatches from Elsewhere with Jason Segel.

D Wade: Life Unexpected was good. The documentary The Kingmaker is highly awarded and pretty crazy.
I will definitely have to check out some of the shows you mentioned, never heard of them.

Also I heard Magicians is going to be cancelled..... sucks.. really like that one.

Checked out The Stranger, excellent! Nice that it was set out of North America, nice switch up from scenery and dialogue was well done.

Just watched "I Am Not OK With This" on Netflix. Fun little show, in 20 minute episodes. Aimed more at teens, I think, but I enjoyed it.

Just watched "I Am Not OK With This" on Netflix. Fun little show, in 20 minute episodes. Aimed more at teens, I think, but I enjoyed it.

Just watched it in two sittings. It's like a mashup of several John Hughes movies, Carrie and Stranger Things. Not bad at all. Looks like next season will be quite different.

Watched Killer Inside - The mind of Aaron Hernandez - good, creepy, odd story.

Lost Cities with Albert Lin - meh couldn't get into it, this is usually right up my alley, but I found it too cheesy and superficial

Checking out Locke & Key now.

Lost Cities with Albert Lin - meh couldn't get into it, this is usually right up my alley, but I found it too cheesy and superficial

Homeland is life.

Yeah I like that series, but they tend to do a repeat plot device where they allow her to go off the meds and discover a solution to the problem. Still great though.
Hasn't happened yet in s8. <fingers crossed>

Too bad on Albert Lin. LIDAR technology for archaeological study is a real game changer. I really enjoyed the episodes where he found large civilizations (some earlier) in the jungles around Machu Picchu and the Petra episode where the LIDAR showed how incredibly extensive the regional water collection works and hydrology was for tens of miles around that area to support those habitats. Both engineering at a very advanced level and on a huge scale, very impressive for such old and lessor known civilizations. At least you tried it which is more than many do.

That's really too bad about The Magicians.

Rob Riggle has an adventure show. I was skeptical but I watched the Atlantis episode and found it reasonably good; he found out new stuff and his shtick was okay too.

I watched the first few episodes of The New Pope and so far it looks top notch.

Expedition with Steve Backshall, on BBC Earth here, has a few good episodes of cave and cenote diving in the MX Riviera Maya (the most extensive underwater cave systems in the world are there (<2% estimated mapped and hundreds of miles).

Westworld S3 is starting this weekend.

Last edited:
That's a pretty accurate description.

Wife and I started our COVID-9 Netflix marathon by watching the other series from the same people - The End Of The F***ing World. It's dark and quirky but I thought it was better than IANOWT. It's a lot less derivative.

Wife and I started our COVID-9 Netflix marathon by watching the other series from the same people - The End Of The F***ing World. It's dark and quirky but I thought it was better than IANOWT. It's a lot less derivative.

huh?

I defer to This Is The End for end-of-world movies. Crazy movie.

this-is-the-end-poster-02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom