TV shows currently watching | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Anyone watch Doom Patrol? I was watching the first episode.. and it didn't hold my interest, just dull and cheesey.

I'm currently PVR recording the new season of The Terror (AMC), The Righteous Gemstones on HBO Canada (what a cast, with Danny McBride... I'm expecting great stuff) and the new season (last season) of Ballers (again on HBO).

I've been watching Evil Genius on H2, which is an interesting 2017 series on real life events around various topics, from heists to scams to escapes to elaborate plots to bombings to underground capers, etc. Lots of famous historical events in it. Anyone remember the 2015 $300 million dollar jewelry heist in London for example?

The Planets series on BBC Earth continues to be excellent. I showed a friend one episode and they really got into it as well. There's so much new knowledge out there.

Swamp Thing is a new show is beginning on Showcase tomorrow.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, always looking for new stuff to get into especially when a series looks like a let down.

Sent from the Moon!

Finished up 2 series recently
Glow S3 - fun nothing to serious, looks like there will be a S4
Yellowstone S2 - lots of flawed characters, this made a weird right turn, but still good.

Getting into The Handmaids Tale S3 - good start so far. (y)

"The Victim" on BBC. Very good noire drama. Great characters, John Hannah and some others. Very topical subject matter...social media "outing" of supposed criminals.

My Sharp 70" TV just gave out. Only 5 years old. I'm ******. No TV for me for awhile. Forced to spendola on a new one. 65" 4Ks are 1/2 the price of anything larger sooo….. What a ha$$le.

My Sharp 70" TV just gave out. Only 5 years old. I'm ******. No TV for me for awhile. Forced to spendola on a new one. 65" 4Ks are 1/2 the price of anything larger sooo….. What a ha$$le.

that sucks, but SHARP? really?

for decent quality without the huge marketing cost built in
have a look at TCL
great reviews at very fair pricing

55 in. the sweet spot for me
you can get a very nice Sony in that size that runs Android OS for reasonable money

What’s it doing exactly? Does it power on but black screen? Any flashing light below the logo (for example, one long flash followed by one short flash)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s it doing exactly? Does it power on but black screen? Any flashing light below the logo (for example, one long flash followed by one short flash)?

It went to black, kept sound. Then it died completely. Tried swapping main board, then pic board (bought second hand). No luck. Likely a couple of components died one after the other. Cost of repair was too high. Cut my losses. I just took it to the dump today (where I saw a couple of 4k Samsungs, LOL) Ordered a 65" TCL from Amazon $649. The jump in price from 65" to 75" was a staggering $1200 so I went with the smaller set. Still p'd about the Sharp. Cost me $1800 five years ago. Never again.

Reactions: J_F
Still watching my 14 yr old 50" Hitachi Plasma. Still looks as good as the day I got it. I watch a lot of tv in the winter, it heats the whole room....lol

It went to black, kept sound. Then it died completely. Tried swapping main board, then pic board (bought second hand). No luck. Likely a couple of components died one after the other. Cost of repair was too high. Cut my losses. I just took it to the dump today (where I saw a couple of 4k Samsungs, LOL) Ordered a 65" TCL from Amazon $649. The jump in price from 65" to 75" was a staggering $1200 so I went with the smaller set. Still p'd about the Sharp. Cost me $1800 five years ago. Never again.

That’s too bad. Just thought I would ask. There is a common fault with 65” Sharps where the screen goes black that requires a specific reset procedure. I was going to suggest you try it but looks like you tried a few things before tossing it.

The Spy on Netflix with Sacha Baron Cohen. It's a very intense drama set during the 1960s. He plays a Mossad agent sent into Syria. I've never seen him portraying a serious character and I have to say that he is excellent. I kid you not.

After that I needed something on the lighter side, so decided to checkout Derry Girls - also on Netflix.
OMG. If you can understand their heavy Irish accents, it is absolutely hilarious. Set in (London)Derry during the 90s. It is extremely funny.

Rob

The Spy on Netflix with Sacha Baron Cohen. It's a very intense drama set during the 1960s. He plays a Mossad agent sent into Syria. I've never seen him portraying a serious character and I have to say that he is excellent. I kid you not.

After that I needed something on the lighter side, so decided to checkout Derry Girls - also on Netflix.
OMG. If you can understand their heavy Irish accents, it is absolutely hilarious. Set in (London)Derry during the 90s. It is extremely funny.

Rob

The nun in charge is the star of that show!

This is a must watch for those that are proud of this Province.Ontario has so much to offer,and the "Bruce" is a big part of it.We are a little biased being end to enders. The Bruce
The%20Bruce.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom