TV shows currently watching | Page 99 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Just finished watching Kims convenience, really liked it
Cant wait for the next season

Bonus points for local television

I’m enjoying discovery.
Apparently they re-jigged the format more like typical Star Trek, visit a planet per episode kinda thing, because the other 2 seasons were...meh ok.

Apparently they re-jigged the format more like typical Star Trek, visit a planet per episode kinda thing, because the other 2 seasons were...meh ok.

maybe...I think it’s pretty close to the original format but with a continual thread running through it.

The characters are good. Picard was good too but in a different way.

I imagine these are your neighbors @Wingboy ?

Most enjoyable on Netflix
images

aww ****

This is gonna take me back to high school ?

Raised by Wolves - was pretty good. The first half was pretty captivating, the second half not as much. Still good though.

I thought I saw someone post about “Lovecraft Country” (HBO). Anyways, I started watching it and love it. Certainly not for everyone - but a cool spin on sci-fi meets horror meets racial tension of 60s USA. Yes...all of that with a great cast...including Omar from The Wire. ;)

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

I thought I saw someone post about “Lovecraft Country” (HBO). Anyways, I started watching it and love it. Certainly not for everyone - but a cool spin on sci-fi meets horror meets racial tension of 60s USA. Yes...all of that with a great cast...including Omar from The Wire. ;)

So uneven.

First episode was great. But then it went downhill from there. It didn't know where it wanted to go or what kind of show it wanted to be. Anthology? Indiana Jones episode was WTF? Characters are introduced and then killed off within an episode. Characters with no backstory are suddenly given episodes like we should care about them (Dee's mom). Characters that aren't even mentioned are given emotional weight (when Dee's friend got killed and everyone was sad - who the eff was this kid, he wasn't even mentioned!)

I really wanted to like the series. But it was written so poorly and the narrative editing was confusing.

The Korean Kumiho episode was the best though. Very good standalone episode. Also the body-switching episode was good too - good social commentary on race and gender.

It could have been so good.

So uneven.

First episode was great. But then it went downhill from there. It didn't know where it wanted to go or what kind of show it wanted to be. Anthology? Indiana Jones episode was WTF? Characters are introduced and then killed off within an episode. Characters with no backstory are suddenly given episodes like we should care about them (Dee's mom). Characters that aren't even mentioned are given emotional weight (when Dee's friend got killed and everyone was sad - who the eff was this kid, he wasn't even mentioned!)

I really wanted to like the series. But it was written so poorly and the narrative editing was confusing.

The Korean Kumiho episode was the best though. Very good standalone episode. Also the body-switching episode was good too - good social commentary on race and gender.

It could have been so good.

Don’t disagree...but I liked it for what it was trying to do.
It did break some barriers and tackled some difficult subject matter.

Lol - I said the same thong about the Indian Jones episode.

Uneven pretty much sums it up.

Maybe I’m just happy for any distraction that remotely checks the boxes these days. ;)

Rob

Back
Top Bottom