TV shows currently watching | Page 127 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Those guys are awesome, their stuff is so top-notch. I watch it on Discovery Turbo on my Android box, The eighth season began streaming a couple months ago on Motor Trend OnDemand.
I don't have MT OnDemand but just the regular channel
Texas Metal is really good, I appreciate all the custom fabrication that goes into those bagged rides
Road Kill/Engine Masters is great too
MAV TV channel is awesome, always an interesting motorsport to tune into, from Superbikes to Karting to even Tractor Pulls 😄

She's a schoolteacher on a reservation. Maybe "poor" was the wrong choice of word. My point was, she looks glamorous and hawt af whereas hubby looks appropriately scruffy.

I'm nitpicking because I feel like the show could be an all-time classic were it not for some weird casting choices.

That said, the boy who plays their son is awesome.

Watching cowboy bebop, its a futuristic scifi, japanese styled western

Its kind of quirky/different/cool

beautiful special effects, sets, cinematography

I'm 3 episodes into Yellowstone which is shot like an expensive movie. Gorgeous stuff. The dialogue is a bit cringey at times and the acting is uneven (not a big fan of the gal who plays Beth, mostly because I know she's British from her classic role in The Spanish Apartment (2002) and her Brit accent resurfaces at times.)

It's all a bit over the top plot- and dialogue-wise but the visuals and Kevin Costner are top notch. I shall keep watching for now.
FYI.....from the same co-creators, we also have Mayor of Kingstown which is shot in Kingston and Hamilton and possibly other locations.

Watching cowboy bebop, its a futuristic scifi, japanese styled western

Its kind of quirky/different/cool

beautiful special effects, sets, cinematography
I finished watching the live action version yesterday. Fortunately, the director seemed to move away from trying to recreate the Anime 'acting' more and more, as the episodes progressed.
At least, that is, until the very end of the last episode

Arcane is darn good! Really enjoying this animation for grown ups

image-1.jpg

Finished all the acts for Arcane, so goddamn good, starting Sweet Tooth

Yellowstone is quickly turning into a silly soap, where Very Dramatic Stuff happens to every character on a rotation, because dramatic stuff must happen to characters in a drama, I guess? There was also this weird stretch where a grizzly bear showed up three separate times over a couple episodes, and it just felt like the production company wanted to make the most out of their rent-a-bear.

I think I'm so used to gritty HBO/AMC "prestige TV" now that old cable-TV series standards feel odd. Like the fact that every woman on the show is impossibly hot. That's a given in soap opera land, but it seems out of place on a modern streaming platform. Not sure why.

That said, I can't stop watching and the top-notch cinematography is making me wish I had a bigger TV.

The last (IMO) great anime Sci-Fi series was fresh 2020 Netflix version of Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045
Hope you didn't miss that one :)

View attachment 52356
Hmm interesting I didn't know there was another version of SAC, I've only watched the original series from 2002

Elementary ... all seasons on Prime... two episodes per day on Sci-Fi.

Getting back into Sherlock Holmes off Prime Britbox channel -- the original Granada version from the 1980's starring Jeremy Brett and David Burke. Tihis is THE BEST version of Sherlock Holmes by far. Nothing else touches Jeremy's portrayal of the famous detective.

Getting back into Sherlock Holmes off Prime Britbox channel -- the original Granada version from the 1980's starring Jeremy Brett and David Burke. Tihis is THE BEST version of Sherlock Holmes by far. Nothing else touches Jeremy's portrayal of the famous detective.

A stone classic if you love the books and want a faithful adaptation of the Conan Doyle originals.

My only beef, having returned to a few, is the sound design hasn't aged well. Dialogue can be a bit tough to get without turning up the volume, though that may also be how it's mixed through 5.1 audio.

Back
Top Bottom