Turning 25 y/o in Sept question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turning 25 y/o in Sept question

Reza

Hi,

I've been with State Farm the past 3 season, my renewal came in today which goes in effect in May. Wondering if they will adjust my rates for both the car and bike (mostly worried about bike) once I'm 25? The quote for the bike is obviously for 12 month.

Wondering if they will adjust my rates for both the car and bike (mostly worried about bike) once I'm 25? The quote for the bike is obviously for 12 month.
Nope, you'll get the "better" rate on next years renewal :(

-Jamie M.

I replied to a topic very similar earlier in the year. But I will say it again. I was paying monthly and when I turned 25 I called in to make sure that my rates dropped and they did. The next month it was significantly less then prior months. Phone them to make sure that the change in age is noted

Lion

Yeah I'm with state farm. My agent kept reminding me to call in to make sure its changed on the system and that me hitting 25 is noted. I am on a monthly plan so what they did was took the total cost of my premium and divided by 12 months for a static cost every month.

I know the summer months cost more than the winter months.

Lion

Yeah I'm with state farm. My agent kept reminding me to call in to make sure its changed on the system and that me hitting 25 is noted. I am on a monthly plan so what they did was took the total cost of my premium and divided by 12 months for a static cost every month.

I know the summer months cost more than the winter months.

Lion

Hey thanks mate. Was there a substantial decresase since 25 has always been the "golden age" with insurance companies?

For me I went from 140ish a month at 24 year old to 60 a month when I turned 25. My coverage started around July and I hit 25 in Sept. Got my m2 only a month prior to that. No convictions but one sorta at fault accident claimed a few years ago. Some lady lost control of her suv and spun out into my lane hit me. But it just so happens that I hit her in the rear and they counted that at fault for me.

Lion

Last edited:
For me I went from 140ish a month at 24 year old to 60 a month when I turned 25. My coverage started around July and I hit 25 in Sept. Got my m2 only a month prior to that. No convictions but one sorta at fault accident claimed a few years ago. Some lady lost control of her suv and spun out into my lane hit me. But it just so happens that I hit her in the rear and they counted that at fault for me.

Lion

That's a very nice saving. I'm currently paying 159 for my 600RR. I'll be happy with even 100 a month! And that's bs how they blamed it on you...

I know it wasn't entirely her fault because she was trying to avoid objects that fell off a truck in her lane. She was two lanes to my right and ahead of me by roughly 100 feet. Yet some how she spun into my lane in front of me. I slammed the breaks and still couldn't stop in time. Funny thing was there was a cop car right behind us and he saw what happen. Instead of stopping to check up on us, he used his bumper to push the giant box off the road and took off after the trucker. Never heard from him again, ended up filing out a report at the nearest police station and insurance dubbed it my fault because the crash point was at her rear.

Honestly I couldn't drive for a whole year because i was too afraid. And I knew scared drivers are more prone to accidents.

Lion

I replied to a topic very similar earlier in the year. But I will say it again. I was paying monthly and when I turned 25 I called in to make sure that my rates dropped and they did. The next month it was significantly less then prior months. Phone them to make sure that the change in age is noted

Lion

Your agent was likely making an exception for you -- this is not the norm (and why the premium wasn't set up to automatically adjust on your birthday). A policy is for 12MO and the premium shouldn't change unless you switch vehicles or move. Even if you were to be at fault in a collision, your premium wouldn't increase until renewal. The agent could probably get in trouble from head office if they were to be caught doing this frequently.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Want to close the thread with this, that State Farm will actually adjust your rate once you turn 25. I'm going down to 63 from 159 on a 600CC SS! yea budddy

congrats !!!

my insruance when i turned 25 on my car went from 290 a month to 245 per month, my bike which i got last year so i had already turned 25 was 90/month which good in my eye, better then 130 without being 25 lol

Lion

Know how you feel: ***** runs red light, I ding her, ***** lies. Cop deems us both not at fault, insurance deem us both at fault.

I'm with Statefarm and my insurance for the bike went down 50% and the vehicle went down 30%. They will adjust the premium and it'll reflect on your monthly payments

Just to add to this, State Farm adjusted mine automatically. My bday is in January so I wasn't really looking at the statements with much attention in the winter but I noticed that in February it dropped as promised to me by my agent when I signed the initial policy.

Back
Top Bottom