Turducken? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turducken?

kobe

Just wondering if anyone here has tried a turducken (chicken inside a duck inside a turkey). I'm looking at getting one during the holidays but am not sure of a good place. I know healthy butcher sells them but thats a little out of my way. Was hoping for something around Oakville, Burlington, or Mississauga. I checked around online but couldn't find anything. Thinking of just buying a freshly cooked one. I'm open to buying a frozen one as well, just extra prep time I guess.

Anyone know a place they can recommend?

I have done it a couple of times. Got the birds from a butcher in St. Lawrence Market. The butcher de-boned and assembled the whole thing, all I had to do was pop it in the oven. Totally delicious!

They are delicious, highly recommended. I think the one I had was a butcher Terducken, not the frozen edition - but maybe it's still good that way.

Why stop there? Put the whole thing inside a lamb, inside a pig, inside a cow.

WTF man.

Its a fun novelty, but unless your prepared to debone your own chicken and duck, which isn't hard once your taught. It remains an expensive novelty food.
Just cook the chicken or the duck, grab any bottle of red wine off the shelf, pour two cups into a pot and throw in a handful of pitted black cherries then simmer it down till reduced by half, two/three tablespoons over a meat portion is about right. Its not gravy its a sauce.

Take a pork tenderloin, slice open and flatten with a mallet. Put crumbled goat cheese mixed with herb d'provence, or basil and oregano and parsley if thats what you have on it and roll up and tie with some string. You can BBQ the thing or brown the outside in a frypan and stick it in the oven @ 375 for 20 mins. Its idiot proof. Use the wine/cherry sauce, then put two slices of the tenderloin down in it. Your choice of veg on the side.

This will get you laid.

Its a fun novelty, but unless your prepared to debone your own chicken and duck, which isn't hard once your taught. It remains an expensive novelty food.
Just cook the chicken or the duck, grab any bottle of red wine off the shelf, pour two cups into a pot and throw in a handful of pitted black cherries then simmer it down till reduced by half, two/three tablespoons over a meat portion is about right. Its not gravy its a sauce.

Take a pork tenderloin, slice open and flatten with a mallet. Put crumbled goat cheese mixed with herb d'provence, or basil and oregano and parsley if thats what you have on it and roll up and tie with some string. You can BBQ the thing or brown the outside in a frypan and stick it in the oven @ 375 for 20 mins. Its idiot proof. Use the wine/cherry sauce, then put two slices of the tenderloin down in it. Your choice of veg on the side.

This will get you laid.
That sounds brilliant, I'm gonna try that.

Back
Top Bottom