Trash Panda | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trash Panda

Years back there was a YouTube video of a raccoon in Hamilton reaching down from a dropped ceiling to get a donut. I hate the vermin.

They are ready for hat making season, Nov - March racoons make the best hats!

I like raccoons...clever little buggers with very dexterous “hands”.....not so keen on them when they upend my recycling and compost bins at 3am for a snack though.

They are ready for hat making season, Nov - March racoons make the best hats!
Davy . . . Davy Crocket . . . King of the wild frontier!
iu

Daniel Boone was a man . . . he was a big man . . .
iu

Think Fess Parker was typecast?

My hairdresser had one deshingle her roof and make an entrance through the sheathing at 3 am. She was quite unimpressed. It seems strange it would go to that much effort. I wonder what else is going on in her attic that she doesn't know about.

I like raccoons...clever little buggers with very dexterous “hands”.....not so keen on them when they upend my recycling and compost bins at 3am for a snack though.
My problem is they move into the outbuildings and destroy things. The ate thru the plywood roof deck in my poolhouse last winter, and completely destroyed the soffits and a room above my garage the year before. At first I useed to call Animal control, I found out they take them to the end of my street and release them. I started relocating them at the edge of the 1KM range that is permitted -- too close, they find their way back. Now I take them a bit further (10KM) they don't come back.

I could legally dispatch them however my wife makes me sleep in the garage unless I show her a video of them being released peacefully into a grassy meadow with a fresh helping of catfood.

My hairdresser had one deshingle her roof and make an entrance through the sheathing at 3 am. She was quite unimpressed. It seems strange it would go to that much effort. I wonder what else is going on in her attic that she doesn't know about.
They have no trouble removing shingles or facia. In my neighborhood they have learned that soffit pot lights are warm -- they break into the soffits then setup camp above the heat of the pot lights.

Here’s a few I just finished!

Here’s a few I just finished54D95AD0-03DB-465E-B316-F1777514DAD3.jpeg

C1F86043-B7FD-4018-AB1A-733F006E3130.jpeg

Cleaning out my fur stash - it's a dying thing. Synthetics can match performance of real for just about everything. The only folks using furs these days are trappers and folks working outside in the far north. About the only thing that fur is still the best option is hood ruffs -- even the best Canada Goose ruffs are fashion items, there is no performance substitute for fur yet.

I think I saw a Canada Goose announcement they were exiting real fur on garments. Got rid of a lot of coyotes...

My son spent three nights out on a trapline last yr with a guide, whenever somebody creates an "eco tour" experience and needs certification in his area of Alberta he gets sent on the trip as the crash test dummy. Caught a fisher, couple wolves, couple beaver and a mink or two. 99% of tourist are European , the Germans are crazy for anything wild west and cowboys.

Funny that the industry that created Canada is now so offside in many peoples eyes.

I think I saw a Canada Goose announcement they were exiting real fur on garments. Got rid of a lot of coyotes...

My son spent three nights out on a trapline last yr with a guide, whenever somebody creates an "eco tour" experience and needs certification in his area of Alberta he gets sent on the trip as the crash test dummy. Caught a fisher, couple wolves, couple beaver and a mink or two. 99% of tourist are European , the Germans are crazy for anything wild west and cowboys.

Funny that the industry that created Canada is now so offside in many peoples eyes.

It's a nasty cruel practice and if you have synthetic alternatives why wouldn’t you use them?

Hardly anyone is using these jackets as arctic expedition jackets, any small advantage the fur ruff gives you isn’t really used when waiting for a Go train.

Fur in Europe for fashion is practically dead. I think it is mostly here too.

It's a nasty cruel practice and if you have synthetic alternatives why wouldn’t you use them?

Hardly anyone is using these jackets as arctic expedition jackets, any small advantage the fur ruff gives you isn’t really used when waiting for a Go train.

Fur in Europe for fashion is practically dead. I think it is mostly here too.
I’m neutral on the fur harvest question, never seen a debate won or lost on the nasty cruel argument, it’s polarizing, you’re in or out.

I’d say the North American fur market is dead, it’s alive and well in Europe. Technology and cost make the use of fur less practical than it was 40,30,20 years ago.

In many cases synthetic textiles are cheaper and for many applications better. When it comes to furs, synthetics are only used in fashion, never performance wear. For extreme conditions fur hats, ruffs and mitts can’t yet be matched by synthetics.

I have lots of fur stuff, I’m mindful of where I use it. I wouldn’t wear a fur hat downtown Toronto, I would for a day ice fishing on Simcoe or to a wedding in North Bay.

One other item that simply doesn’t cut it with synthetics... furkinis. I’ve made lots of them —fox, ermine and even rabbit are the only way to go — synthetics look trashy.

I have lots of fur stuff, I’m mindful of where I use it. I wouldn’t wear a fur hat downtown Toronto, I would for a day ice fishing on Simcoe or to a wedding in North Bay.
A red check Timmins tuxedo jacket would go well with that ? ;)

Lots of hypocrites running around in down filled jackets when it gets colder.

For myself, it's for wearing, not for fashion, so if it works, and isn't priced out of reach, I may try it.

Back
Top Bottom