Transporting a bike from Quebec to Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Transporting a bike from Quebec to Ontario

nimfa

So I am about to purchase a zx6r Ninja from Quebec but I do not have a Truck nor a car that has hitch capabilities so I cannot rent a trailer from uhaul.

Do you guys have any ideas what to do :) .

If someone is in the mood to come with me for a road trip and has a truck or a car with hitch that would be even better. I certainly need one more person to check the motorcycle before I shell out the dinero.

Who is up for a road trip :)

Last edited:
Welcome.

Rent a UHAUL with a hitch and also rent a trailer at the same time.

I believe HD also rents out pickups. At least they used to…pre-COVID.

I’m sure you can also rent the low bed moving trucks and their ramp should be able to hold a bike being pushed up.

Good luck.

Once you factor in the travel time, gas, food, maybe an overnight stay etc...... are you saving enough $$ to make purchasing a bike in Quebec worth while? Is it a dealer or private? If a dealer and you have a warranty issue how do you intend to get service?

Just to add to what @ReSTored said.
Make sure the title is clear. Quebec allows rebuilt bikes, Ontario does not. If it is branded, there is no way to get it on the road in Ontario.

Hope it works out for you.

Welcome.

Rent a UHAUL with a hitch and also rent a trailer at the same time.

I believe HD also rents out pickups. At least they used to…pre-COVID.

I’m sure you can also rent the low bed moving trucks and their ramp should be able to hold a bike being pushed up.

Good luck.
U-Haul trucks are crazy expensive if you have to drive anywhere pretty cheap in town but you pay by the kilometer and it adds up very fast

Sent from the future

U-Haul trucks are crazy expensive if you have to drive anywhere pretty cheap in town but you pay by the kilometer and it adds up very fast

Sent from the future
Ah ok...never actually looked into $/km...thought it was a $/day charge same as passenger vehicles.

OP Disregard...try Turo.

What the heck....
If timing works out, find a car/truck that has a 2" receiver and a 4 pin wiring harness.
You can borrow my 4 x 8 trailer.

I will need a $1000 retainer for the trailer. Returned back to you upon return of trailer in same condition.

Thank you for the offer. I will see what to do in the next few days. I'm Trying to find someone with a car that has a hitch receiver.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Do you guys know if Quebec has UVIP there? Or better question, what document should I ask for to check owners and possible liens on the bike?

Do you guys know if Quebec has UVIP there? Or better question, what document should I ask for to check owners and possible liens on the bike?

Oof. Buying private or dealer? Search the forum. There are a few threads on buying from qc with the tips tricks and pitfalls. Easy to end up royally screwed if you dont know what you are getting in to.

Back
Top Bottom