Trailer Floor Paint | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trailer Floor Paint

sircastic

Site Supporter
I have an enclosed trailer with a wooden floor and am wondering if anyone has recommendations as to the best paint to use on the floor?

I used the same stuff i put down on my garage floor from CT ..

Be sure to put down some traction aid on your ramp, once you put down the second coat.

How about those square thingamabobs that people use in their garage? Maybe a quick coat of something to help seal it from water, then add in the squares for traction... dunno.

No need to do work, if not needed. Most trailer flooring material is water resistant and the top side is just fine. I personally don't see the need for it. Oh well maybe I am lazy but hey I'm ok with that. :)

Black and white VCT tile. Tough, looks cool with a racing theme, and cheap (under $1.00/sq ft)
IMG_1557.jpg

Are those peel and stick tiles?
Where did you find them?
I want to do my whole garage like that...

Are those peel and stick tiles?
Where did you find them?
I want to do my whole garage like that...

holy cow ... yeah that floor looks great, if its just peel and stick i could do that to my garage floor as well ...

I epoxied our new trailer floor this spring, like the stuff you would use on a garage floor. Used a medium grey with silica sand for grip. $150 for the part A and B. Did 2 coats on our 8.5' x 20' including the gate. Rolled out the first coat and then sprinkled the silica sand on top. Let dry over night and then did the second coat. The first coat really soaks in but the second coat leaves a really nice finish. Easy to clean up and has shown no wear this season.

My trailer floor looks the same as Omnivore's.

It looks cool....but I'd never do that again. The tiles easily can pull up and are very very slippery.

Home Depot has a silica additive that you can use with a variety of their oil or even latex based floor paints. I did my 7 by 12 for less than $30. Looks great and not slippery.

I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to wood trailer care, but would sealing off one side make it harder for it to dry when the "exposed" side is wet? Would this promote rot?

+1. Wait till you have to start replacing some of the tiles .. its a HUGE pain in the ***.

I accidentally pulled a couple up a few weeks ago. And in crazy head (I have them on the ramp as well) they can lift even worse.

Can't wait to rip them all out and do something else.

It's not peel and stick cheap crap. It's commercial grade VCT (vinyl composite tile). I have been a professional flooring installer all of my life. You spread adhesive over the entire floor, wait for it to tack for 30-60 mins, then lay the tiles into the adhesive, butting them tightly to eachother, stacking them in steps formation. DO not run one long row, oyou will wander off of square. Roll the floor with a heavy 150 lb floor roller once finished. These are the same durability tiles you see in department stores and schools.

It's not peel and stick cheap crap. It's commercial grade VCT (vinyl composite tile). I have been a professional flooring installer all of my life. You spread adhesive over the entire floor, wait for it to tack for 30-60 mins, then lay the tiles into the adhesive, butting them tightly to eachother, stacking them in steps formation. DO not run one long row, oyou will wander off of square. Roll the floor with a heavy 150 lb floor roller once finished. These are the same durability tiles you see in department stores and schools.

I bought my trailer like that so I have NO idea how it was installed. It just *looks* similar. I can tell there was adhesive spread on the trailer floor before the tiles were put down. But I'm guessing these aren't the same quality of tiles.

Don't you find yours slippery though? I go *** over tea kettle at least once every time I'm in that damn thing!

This is what I would like to do in my new garage!

Most reputable trailer manufacturers use a "trailer" specific OSB 3/4 board. So it had built in qualities to make it last. I used an Amtico Commercial rubber floor tile that is oil and gas resistant. I expect it to last longer than the trailer!! Another thought would a Rhino liner spray with traction grit added to the top coat.

Back
Top Bottom