Tracking a licence plate | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tracking a licence plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK4

Is there any way, other than asking a cop to run it, to find out what bike and to who a licence plate is registered to ?
I have a strong suspicion that someone in my neighborhood is riding very dirty but would like to confirm it before ratting him out.

If you do the first two steps of ordering a UVIP online (without actually ordering it), it will provide some info and ask you to confirm the vehicle.

You have to enter your own driver’s licence #, and then enter the licence plate you want to look up.

It’s not much info, but you can at least see minimum details of the vehicle that is linked to that plate such as:

Year: 11
Colour: White
Make and model: Dodge

That’s something you can do without involving anybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see where the system would protect the confidentiality of the plate owner. A cop could pull the info but would need a reason.

Is there any way, other than asking a cop to run it, to find out what bike and to who a licence plate is registered to ?
I have a strong suspicion that someone in my neighborhood is riding very dirty but would like to confirm it before ratting him out.
I don't understand the confirmation?
Either he is riding dirty and ratting him out gets him a visit and ticket or he isn't and cops run the plate based on the complaint and take no further action as the paperwork appears in order. Why does confirming which path it will follow change the action you believe is appropriate?

Doing what Robbo suggests avoids wasting the cop's time if the plate proves to be legit.

What you have no way of knowing ... is whether the insurance is valid.

Do you believe the bike is stolen or not insured or are you just concerned about his riding style?
All of the above, I did what Robbo suggested.
I don't think a 1980 Honda maroon could be disguised as a blue Yamaha R6.
I'll maybe have a chat with the rider when I get the opportunity and try to convince him of the error of his ways, before its too late, for his sake.

Last edited:
I'll have a chat with the rider when I get the opportunity and try to convince him of the error of his ways, before its too late.
I wouldn't go face to face with a dirty rider, just setting yourself up for future grief.

Leave an anonymous note on the bike.

If you confront him and he gets caught later on, he's going to blame you regardless of whether you ratted him out or not.

So... confront him... AND THEN rat him out.

Agree. I would not discuss nor leave a note. Cameras are everywhere.For me, the options are turn him in (and there is a decent chance they do nothing, but your conscience is clear because you tried) or you let him live his life free from intervention and learn lessons on his own. If I happened to bump into him in a social setting, I might bring up that I like his bike or something, but open confrontation or politely worded letters normally go poorly.

I presume you know where the rider lives.

A discussion with the local police department, without specifics, may reveal whether they are interested in the case as it stands. (don't identify yourself nor the plate nor the rider unless they are interested)

If presented as a potential stolen vehicle, they'll probably be more interested than if presented as an improper license plate.

If it really is a stolen vehicle, perhaps someone will get their pride and joy back.

I'll have a chat with the rider when I get the opportunity and try to convince him of the error of his ways, before its too late.
Leave it be. Nothing to be gained, a lot of personal loss if things go badly. Decision is made and its not up to you to change their mind, especially if you aren't coming from either a position of authority or position of respect. Society isn't the same where you can leave your door unlocked and trust your neighbor to always have your back.
Heck, what if he reads this forum and gets in trouble with the cops over an anonymous complaint. Guess who's getting rotten eggs, flaming bags of poop and slashed tires for the next decade.

op i gotta ask, are you unemployed or have nothing else to do? did you really take 3-4 hours out of your day to drive or take the bus, to a service ontario then wait in a line that is probably a minimum of 2hours-4 hours, then spend your own money on obtaining a UVIP? all because you have some delusional thinking that youre Sherlock Holmes Jr. ? i know the wait times in service ontario as i was there the other day.
do you work? do you have a job? are you sitting at home bored due to coronavirus?

how on earth does this have any affect on you what so ever? if you get excitement out of this kind of stuff why dont you use the same time and energy and llook for child molesters and pedophiles to report to the police? why dont you pose as a child on social media sites and lure child molesters then report them? this has to be some of the stupidest stuff ive read. bored with nothing to do so he sticks his nose in other peoples business

u remind me of the time my cousin who's a female and was inside a bank a few years ago was shot, due to some wannabe hero like you that decided it was a good idea to wrestle 2 armed robbers inside a bank. because of this she was shot, along with a customer.

Last edited:
op i gotta ask, are you unemployed or have nothing else to do? did you really take 3-4 hours out of your day to drive or take the bus, to a service ontario then wait in a line that is probably a minimum of 2hours-4 hours, then spend your own money on obtaining a UVIP? all because you have some delusional thinking that youre Sherlock Holmes Jr. ? i know the wait times in service ontario as i was there the other day.
do you work? do you have a job? are you sitting at home bored due to coronavirus?

how on earth does this have any affect on you what so ever? if you get excitement out of this kind of stuff why dont you use the same time and energy and llook for child molesters and pedophiles to report to the police? why dont you pose as a child on social media sites and lure child molesters then report them? this has to be some of the stupidest stuff ive read. bored with nothing to do so he sticks his nose in other peoples business

u remind me of the time my cousin who's a female and was inside a bank a few years ago was shot, due to some wannabe hero like you that decided it was a good idea to wrestle 2 armed robbers inside a bank. because of this she was shot, along with a customer.
Oooh, touched a nerve did I ? I asked a simple question, got some intelligent replies (which it appears you didn't even bother to read), took 30 seconds on the Service Ontario website and got the information I wanted.
I likely won't do anything at all, why bother right ? When people ride dirty it affects us all - insurance rates go up, people get hurt needlessly.
Your response about child molesters and bank robbers is ridiculous, have a nice day.

how on earth does this have any affect on you what so ever?...

...this has to be some of the stupidest stuff ive read. bored with nothing to do so he sticks his nose in other peoples business.

The same could be said about your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't support bike theft.

If he clips a little old lady crossing the street, he's going to flee 9 times out of 10.

If he cripples someone it's going to be a longer road to get them help.

Oooh, touched a nerve did I ? I asked a simple question, got some intelligent replies (which it appears you didn't even bother to read), took 30 seconds on the Service Ontario website and got the information I wanted.
I likely won't do anything at all, why bother right ? When people ride dirty it affects us all - insurance rates go up, people get hurt needlessly.
Your response about child molesters and bank robbers is ridiculous, have a nice day.

lol how does whether or not some stupid young kid who doesn't have insurance indicate whether or not someone will get hurt needlessly. so if that kid doesn't have insurance it means someone is gonna get hurt, but if he does have insurance someone wont get hurt? "???"

Of course you touched a nerve. has a close member of your family almost been killed by a bullet because some punk played too much call of duty?

theres nothing ridiculous about my response, the only thing ridiculous is that youre unable to comprehend any of it, even though i intentionally made it as simple and lay as possible to read. same with the robbery situation, its the same thing you're trying to do -- play mr. hero. we have cops and by-law in this country go through them.

as i said prior if you wanna play mr. spiderman 007 vigilante man save-the-day, go make a youtube channel and take down child molesters by acting as a kid on social media and fish lining them in

lol how does whether or not some stupid young kid who doesn't have insurance indicate whether or not someone will get hurt needlessly. so if that kid doesn't have insurance it means someone is gonna get hurt, but if he does have insurance someone wont get hurt? "???"

Of course you touched a nerve. has a close member of your family almost been killed by a bullet because some punk played too much call of duty?

theres nothing ridiculous about my response, the only thing ridiculous is that youre unable to comprehend any of it, even though i intentionally made it as simple and lay as possible to read. same with the robbery situation, its the same thing you're trying to do -- play mr. hero. we have cops and by-law in this country go through them.

as i said prior if you wanna play mr. spiderman 007 vigilante man save-the-day, go make a youtube channel and take down child molesters by acting as a kid on social media and fish lining them in
I'm quite capable of comprehending your rant, I'm thinking the concept of being a responsible citizen and asking questions is simply beyond your ability to understand.
A close member of your family was caught up in a botched robbery attempt, I'm sorry to hear that.
Your fixation with child molesters has me worried, now go troll somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom