Tow truck driver protest | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tow truck driver protest

ABadjusterrider_5

Awwwww poor babies...... Pbbbbbtttttt :lmao:

CP24 - Dozens of tow truck drivers are holding a demonstration at Queen's Park on Wednesday morning to protest a plan by Ontario Provincial Police to contract out its towing operations.
Organizers were expecting hundreds of independent tow trucks to participate in the demonstration, which began with drivers meeting up at three locations before heading to the Ontario legislature.
The protesters are independent tow truck operators who are demonstrating against OPP plans to contract tows, as most municipalities do, in situations where police impound vehicles (impaired driving and stunt driving arrests, for example) or when vehicles are wrecked in crashes.
OPP say they are contracting towing operations for "consumer protection," as there have been ongoing issues with over-charging, poor security and missing property.
The tow truck drivers argue the move could put them out of business because they run smaller operations.
The plan was for the tow truck drivers to meet up and head south on the Don Valley Parkway.
However, a group that gathered at Keele Street and Wilson Avenue changed its route and travelled west on Highway 401, south on Highway 427, east on the Gardiner Expressway and then north on University Avenue.
Steeles Avenue West and Woodbine Avenue, and Brock Road north of Highway 401 were the other two meet-up locations.
Tow truck drivers vowed to "drive slowly," but the disruption to traffic appeared to be minimal. Police monitored the convoy as it made its way into downtown Toronto.

**** Tow trucks and PIGS

We all know , companies contracted by the police are the ones over charging, plus all the kick backs the cops would receive from the tow companies.

I know a few driver's through work...

Get a decent connection and you'll never pay ridiculous prices. I had my truck towed from the side for the 427 just off the 401 to Whitby and it cost me $100 bucks...my guy didn't even come he called a buddy to pick me up as he was drinking (this was at 1am on a Friday night)

The last time I had a small drifting incident, I ended up with a super nice cop who talked to CAA for me on the phone and told me not to file a report etc.
Then the tow truck driver was super nice, told me all about CAA and how they get paid through insurance or whatever, or going to specific shops...very nice I tipped him and asked him to come for dinner at a bbq place he recommended hahahahaha

BP serves BBQ now?

LOL tow truckers are right up there with cabbies... let em all rot :lol:

LOL tow truckers are right up there with cabbies... let em all rot :lol:

In some ways they are very similar. They both chose to work in occupations that are financially spotty and the work is not guaranteed to be there just because they have bills coming in.

Regulating the tows presents a problem. If you want to regulate a fee then there is an onus on the regulator to make the job financially viable. Rates could go up. Rememeber when people complained about gas prices fluctuating from day to day? They solved the problem by eliminating the low prices.

Back
Top Bottom