Total eclipse - April 8 2024 | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Total eclipse - April 8 2024

In Milton we had something like 99.6%.
It was cool to see but I'm glad I didn't go anywhere for it.

It was dim enough that street lights came on.

A friend told me that he noticed that the birds stopped chirping for the 3 minutes or so. I didn't notice it.

Down at Prescott:
gJRb5kl.jpg

This was taken on my phone camera when the Sun was fully eclipsed by the Moon.
It got really cold and dark when the Sun went out.
Then again, I figured it'd be better to just look at other people's pictures, who knew what they were doing.
oMvAIF4.png

A friend told me that he noticed that the birds stopped chirping for the 3 minutes or so. I didn't notice it.
I definitely noticed that too. Then they all went nuts when the sun came back out

I figured it'd be better to just look at other people's pictures, who knew what they were doing.

Yup, this is my philosophy. I'd rather take in the moment instead of futzing around trying to get a picture that pros around the world will eventually send me free anyways.

It was a huge party at the Falls. We were on the US side at first, then decided to cross the Rainbow Bridge just before totality. It was just me in my lane and someone else in the second lane, and we were crawling across the bridge as the sky went from light to dark with the Canadian Falls skyline as a backdrop. The experience of being there with everyone gawking was just as cool to me as seeing the eclipse itself.

Yeah - long before digital cameras ....standing on the Brock plaza I still recall it nearly 6 decades later.
There were lots of fellow students there and sharing the experience was good.
One reason I ended up not taking the trip to the Smokies to watch the one in the US a few years ago....I think mostly a one time event for a lifetime is sufficient.

Yup, this is my philosophy. I'd rather take in the moment instead of futzing around trying to get a picture that pros around the world will eventually send me free anyways.

It was a huge party at the Falls. We were on the US side at first, then decided to cross the Rainbow Bridge just before totality. It was just me in my lane and someone else in the second lane, and we were crawling across the bridge as the sky went from light to dark with the Canadian Falls skyline as a backdrop. The experience of being there with everyone gawking was just as cool to me as seeing the eclipse itself.
Same thing when my wife's company's experiment went up on the STS 95/Discovery 7 space shuttle mission. We got several tickets to the once in a lifetime experience, and my brother in law spent his time trying to video it on his cam corder.
Me? I can look here:

Seeing it with a group of people certainly added to the experience. People were whooping and cheering and clapping. Pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it just me or is something wrong with this photo? Looks photoshopped. How is the tower left of Skydome with water in front?. Having a view of the sun that was in the south west. Can't wrap my brain around it and figure out where the camera is?

I figured as much, I've seen quite a few fake/composite shots from this eclipse. This one just kinda "broke" my brain. :)

I figured as much, I've seen quite a few fake/composite shots from this eclipse. This one just kinda "broke" my brain. :)
This pic has been making the rounds on FB and Reddit recently.

Sun is too low for a 3pm eclipse, the angle is off, the view is off…but it looks cool!

People are still trying to sell eclipse glasses for exorbitant amounts $50-100+ on marketplace. Meanwhile, we had gotten five pairs off of a guy in the neighborhood raising charity funds. He had 3 boxes full, and a bucket for donations, on his front porch.

Back
Top Bottom