Toni Sharpless Supersonic Road Race School | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toni Sharpless Supersonic Road Race School

Let me know if I'm posting too much on this thread (I'll try to minimize my posts if it bothers anyone).... lol I went back again on Wednesday to the Flamboro Speedway location in Hamilton.

Rain in the morning and sunny after lunch.
First time at this location. Conditions are slightly rough but fun to ride around on. The guys who used the porter potty said to avoid it (lol they yelled out in disgust when they opened the door
.. there's a washroom close by beside the building).

Each time I go to this school, I get a little bit better and push myself a bit more. I'm really happy with my transitions now... they are smoother than before. Circle drills take time to finesse - I'm more comfortable this time round and dragged both knees.

The next day my forearms and calves were toast. But I'm happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-094547_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-094547_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20220701_094050.jpg
    20220701_094050.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220701_094018.jpg
    20220701_094018.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 39
Looks like Flamboro has lots of good wide areas for the circle drill and figure-8 drill. The track is a lot narrower at Brechin and it can be a bit tricky building up the confidence to really crank the bike over when your front wheel is inches from the grass.

I went on Thursday! the day after you.

I had an absolute blast, the instructors are top notch and super nice. I am definitely planning to do more of the courses on their curriculum as the finances allow it.

This was me before leaving

I could not feel confident getting my right knee down or doing the figure 8's. But when we did the laps around the track I had a lot of comfort and confidence.

I went on Thursday! the day after you.

I had an absolute blast, the instructors are top notch and super nice. I am definitely planning to do more of the courses on their curriculum as the finances allow it.

This was me before leaving

I could not feel confident getting my right knee down or doing the figure 8's. But when we did the laps around the track I had a lot of comfort and confidence.
Looking good! I was there on Thursday as well, weather was perfect!

So...I did it!
I hosted a private ladies track day with Super Sonic last week and it was awesome.
Never had I thought to ever do this but I did it!

Everyone had a blast. Confidence levels went up after a couple of sessions in the morning... then everyone was zipping around the track. Weather was nice and hot and then poured heavily with rain in the last 30 minutes (and stopped when everyone stopped...😂 they got a great taste on what a wet track was like).

Now I've committed to doing two more before the season ends (one in September and one in October)...🤣 This gives me an excuse to practice more too.
If any ladies are interested, please reach out to me.

Attachments

• 20220728_141644.jpg
    20220728_141644.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220728_142741.jpg
    20220728_142741.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220728_142847.jpg
    20220728_142847.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220728_142926.jpg
    20220728_142926.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220728_143232.jpg
    20220728_143232.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Here we go again!

Regardless, I'm planning to try to get out and practice more for 2023 but am wondering if anyone wants to have fun and train with me for the up coming season.

With Super Sonic (perfect for anyone who has never ridden but still challenging enough for a pro level racer):

I'll be organizing some dedicated ladies track days and possibly 1 or 2 days of mixed (guys/girls/kids). I've worked out a winter discounted price for anyone who wants to join and train with me. Only thing is that if you can't make it to one of my "Aki Days" during the season, it will turn into a cash credit with the school.

Might try to do once a month depending on how many groups I can gather (or may do clusters during a certain time of year).
Size of group will be a minimum of 6 and I'll cap it at 10 for the day (this group will be split into smaller groups/per instructor based on your experience level).

If interested, please reach out to me.
Can go over the price/discount and how many classes you hope to do (for example, I have one student who wants to do 4 while another wants to do 1)... will get in touch with everyone in the new year on how many groups are good to go and payment will be due by Friday Jan 27th to the school.

Main things:
1) I don't know the dates yet. The school will know in the spring. Once Toni knows, she will send the dates to me and we can settle on a date - please keep in mind, 99% it will be on a weekday and we practice rain or shine.
2) I do not get any kickbacks or bonuses from this. I just really love the school and the sport (and secretly trying to get others hooked on it...j/k! Just trying to get others to grow with the sport too 😉). The only kickback I would get is the same deal everyone will be getting in the group (which I'm totally ok with). Any payment will only be through the school.

So if you are a crazy as me and can go in blind for 2023, please send me a pm 😆

[also gauging interest in the following:
1) Trail Tours:
Sending out some feelers to do a dedicated ladies group with this school in the early season (May/June). Perfect way to shake the rust off at the start of the season.

2) Racer5:
Spoken with the school and they can do a private group during their session - minimum 6 students needed.

Commitment needed - 3 days, Friday to Sunday @Grand Bend
- Introductory Course

3) Fast:
Can also do a private group with this school during their session - minimum 5 students needed in a group and should qualify for a discount. Runs during the weekdays @Shannonville
- Phase 1 (and possibly 2).
*you can rent their bike or bring your own if it's track prepped.]

Any questions, feel free to reach out!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Happy New Year!

I would be interested in one or two of the mixed days, but I am specially interested in the trail tours! Although I can only do the mixed sessions.

@Saitou^.~

I might be interested in Racer 5/Fast. I potentially may not be around in summer due to work and other stuff (Jun-Aug), but I should be good for Fall (Sep-Nov). I'm just looking to do Introductory course/Phase 1. Please feel free to nudge me if you got anything going for those.

Thanks for doing this, cheers!

@Saitou^.~

I might be interested in Racer 5/Fast. I potentially may not be around in summer due to work and other stuff (Jun-Aug), but I should be good for Fall (Sep-Nov). I'm just looking to do Introductory course/Phase 1. Please feel free to nudge me if you got anything going for those.

Will keep you posted.
I know racer5 Introductory is early in the season (starting in May).
Fast - I have to double check.

Haven't seen anyone post the dates/locations for the school and race series... here you go
If your kids are 10-14 you can register now for the full FIM MiniGP series and get 2 races free. 12 races for the price of 10!
Registration for individual events will be coming soon

Update (April 13): got enough riders to book the day :)
------------
Been meaning to post earlier but I've been super swamped with work.

Again, I am not working for the school and don't make any money from organizing my days with them (just gives me an excuse to get more practice and seat time in while helping others).

Other than a handful of private track days I have this season with the school, I am organizing a private track/lapping day with coaching in September. Ideally for someone who already has taken a class with the school or is signed up this season as they would be familiar with the bikes and coaches (and track).
Pricing would be the same as a regular school day (299 for a pit bike or 499 for the ohvale... gear is also included if you need).
The location is Brechin.

The focus or the layout would be first sessions to follow the coach in small groups to warm up the bikes and learn the race lines. Afterwards it will be open lapping with coaches floating on the track where you can follow them and then follow you, passing, coaching in the pits, track etiquette/safety, etc.

Need to confirm numbers/pay the school by this Friday/Saturday.

If anyone is interested in joining, please let me know. :)

Last edited:
Update (April 13): got enough riders to book the day :)
------------
Been meaning to post earlier but I've been super swamped with work.

Again, I am not working for the school and don't make any money from organizing my days with them (just gives me an excuse to get more practice and seat time in while helping others).

Other than a handful of private track days I have this season with the school, I am organizing a private track/lapping day with coaching in September. Ideally for someone who already has taken a class with the school or is signed up this season as they would be familiar with the bikes and coaches (and track).
Pricing would be the same as a regular school day (299 for a pit bike or 499 for the ohvale... gear is also included if you need).
The location is Brechin.

The focus or the layout would be first sessions to follow the coach in small groups to warm up the bikes and learn the race lines. Afterwards it will be open lapping with coaches floating on the track where you can follow them and then follow you, passing, coaching in the pits, track etiquette/safety, etc.

Need to confirm numbers/pay the school by this Friday/Saturday.

If anyone is interested in joining, please let me know. :)
Circling back on this.
I have a few spots left if anyone who has attended the school but would love to do a lapping day with coaches.

Also great for anyone who wants to join in and want to try out the ohvale - Toni has allowed my group to rent the bike out for 15 minute sessions @ $50.00 per session (and go for as many times as you want if using a pit bike).
If interested, please send me a PM and I'll give you the date. The location is at Brechin. I will need your e-mail to pass to the school to get invoiced.

Here are a few photos from the track day with coaching through the super sonic school.

I brought in a group and had the format more focused on a track day with coaching and support from the school.
The day was stupid hot (32 degrees but felt like 38).
We did a track walk and got split into two groups with the coaches helping us throughout the day.
It went very well - everyone was burning up the track and was pretty happy.
We all took needed breaks and got back out on the track when we wanted to push ourselves a bit more each time at 12 minute intervals. Coaches provided support on the track and in the pits - I'm really happy with everyone who came with me today - everyone improved so much and I'm always in awe when watching Toni and her instructors flying around the track making it looks so easy and with speed. (sorry I can't upload any videos).
--------------------------------
I might have one more day next week. Need to confirm 8 riders and then our group can book it.
If anyone is interested (@Team_Green), please pm me your e-mail and I can send it to the school and I will confirm the date.

Attachments

• 20230906_115037.jpg
    20230906_115037.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230906-114749_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906-114749_Gallery.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230917-222209_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230917-222209_Gallery.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230917-222242_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230917-222242_Gallery.jpg