Toni Sharpless Supersonic Road Race School | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toni Sharpless Supersonic Road Race School

Here are a few photos from the track day with coaching through the super sonic school.

I brought in a group and had the format more focused on a track day with coaching and support from the school.
The day was stupid hot (32 degrees but felt like 38).
We did a track walk and got split into two groups with the coaches helping us throughout the day.
It went very well - everyone was burning up the track and was pretty happy.
We all took needed breaks and got back out on the track when we wanted to push ourselves a bit more each time at 12 minute intervals. Coaches provided support on the track and in the pits - I'm really happy with everyone who came with me today - everyone improved so much and I'm always in awe when watching Toni and her instructors flying around the track making it looks so easy and with speed. (sorry I can't upload any videos).
--------------------------------
I might have one more day next week. Need to confirm 8 riders and then our group can book it.
If anyone is interested (@Team_Green), please pm me your e-mail and I can send it to the school and I will confirm the date.
What location was this at? Yes, I'd be down depending on location. How many of that group used the Ohvalve vs the pit bikes? How different did they feel? What happens if you crash either? I assume there's a deductible.

What location was this at? Yes, I'd be down depending on location. How many of that group used the Ohvalve vs the pit bikes? How different did they feel? What happens if you crash either? I assume there's a deductible.
Its at Brechin.
There's about 5 Ohvales - you can rent it for the day or rent the pit bike and then rent the ohvale per sessions if you want to try it out and keep going as long as there's availability.

The ohvales are really tough and can tire you out (especially if you are not in top shape but both can be tiring). If you are on a pitbike, you are in a more neutral position with the option to push yourself to an aggressive riding position. The Ohvale - you are 100% in an aggressive riding position (and because the bikes are very small, there's nothing you can rest on lol you are using your body the whole time. You can learn the techniques on both bikes.

For crashes, I recommend the damage insurance.... :) The tiny bikes are sensitive to any inputs (good or bad) and forces you to become a smooth pilot (...if sloppy, you can go down easily).

Last edited:
Its at Brechin.
There's about 5 Ohvales - you can rent it for the day or rent the pit bike and then rent the ohvale per sessions if you want to try it out and keep going as long as there's availability.

The ohvales are really tough and can tire you out (especially if you are not in top shape but both can be tiring). If you are on a pitbike, you are in a more neutral position with the option to push yourself to an aggressive riding position. The Ohvale - you are 100% in an aggressive riding position (and because the bikes are very small, there's nothing you can rest on lol you are using your body the whole time. You can learn the techniques on both bikes.

For crashes, I recommend the damage insurance.... :) The tiny bikes are sensitive to any inputs (good or bad) and forces you to become a smooth pilot (...if sloppy, you can go down easily).
about 2 hour away. Not bad. I'm in if you do another one this year. I want to do that circle drill where you drag knee. That looks fun.

I notice these little bikes are popular with the kids but are there classes for adults only?
I am going to feel like $hit if I ,my fault or not, got one hurt.

I notice these little bikes are popular with the kids but are there classes for adults only?
I am going to feel like $hit if I ,my fault or not, got one hurt.
The kids tend to get grouped together, but you might be on track at the same time. Your instructor in the lead/follow track sessions will be able to work with the instructor for a slower group to get everyone by safely. Having kids on track does help remind you to be patient and work within your abilities. That being said, some of those kids may blast by you now that the MiniSBK is up and running and they've gotten some track time.

I don't have kids so it took me a little while to clue in why I saw fewer kids when I did some of the Sept-June weekday dates...

about 2 hour away. Not bad. I'm in if you do another one this year. I want to do that circle drill where you drag knee. That looks fun.
I think the regular school would be best as they would have the riders do drills and teach you step by step (circle drill, figure 8, etc). The day I have going on next week is a track focus day with coaches guiding you (tying everything together, seeing how you progress, etc)... mainly for previous students but opened it for others that have taken another race school.

The only classes left are in early Oct (I think 4 to 7) in Lombardy and they have a race on Oct 8th.

Definitely recommend the regular school and go multiple times in different weather conditions... drills are important in any sport (the game/race is only a small portion)... and most importantly, it's always fun lol

I can keep you in the loop for next year when trying to do groups for the regular school (but feel free to just sign up when the classes are posted online too)

@Saitou^.~
Do you have to go through the sharpless school to do these mini moto track days?
I did a course with racer5 and some track days with them.

Are these women only as well?

I think the regular school would be best as they would have the riders do drills and teach you step by step (circle drill, figure 8, etc). The day I have going on next week is a track focus day with coaches guiding you (tying everything together, seeing how you progress, etc)... mainly for previous students but opened it for others that have taken another race school.

The only classes left are in early Oct (I think 4 to 7) in Lombardy and they have a race on Oct 8th.

Definitely recommend the regular school and go multiple times in different weather conditions... drills are important in any sport (the game/race is only a small portion)... and most importantly, it's always fun lol

I can keep you in the loop for next year when trying to do groups for the regular school (but feel free to just sign up when the classes are posted online too)
I emailed the school and they suggested with my track experience and Racer5 coures to start at level 3. I'd do pure track day as well tbh. Both seem fun.

@Saitou^.~
Do you have to go through the sharpless school to do these mini moto track days?
I did a course with racer5 and some track days with them.

Are these women only as well?
Prefer the rider to the school first as they would be more familiar with the bikes (they are twitchy). But it would be opened to those that have taken other race schools too - your first session would be an intro to the bike (12-15 minutes)... then you'll do lapping with coaching.

Not just for women (it's about 50/50 right now).

I emailed the school and they suggested with my track experience and Racer5 coures to start at level 3. I'd do pure track day as well tbh. Both seem fun.
Both are definitely fun. And you are welcomed to join if you can swing it.

And if you have your own gear, you should also check out kayo or ohvale as they sometimes have their own track days (ohvale has their own minigp race as well - a lot of really fast and strong riders in here as well as super sonic ).

Both kayo and ohvale would have rentals available for their track days.

And if you have your own gear, you should also check out kayo or ohvale as they sometimes have their own track days (ohvale has their own minigp race as well - a lot of really fast and strong riders in here as well as super sonic ).

Both kayo and ohvale would have rentals available for their track days.
Yeah, I've talked to Michele about Ohvale track days and their mini motor cup.

You said you're having another track day next week or the week after?

https://supersonicschool.com/.../.0W-1-Day-Winter.../
Just a few days left on a sale at the Super Sonic School - normal price for a pitbike training day is 299 but is on for sale for $250.
It's a full day course - you arrive at 9am, sign waivers and get suited up. Usually around 10am you are on the track in 15 minute intervals (15 minutes on and 15 minutes off) doing drills, learning the race lines, and lapping. The day will end around 3:30pm.
Everything you need is included (but if you have your own helmet, I suggest bringing that
😉
). You just need to bring yourself and some food/drinks.

If you are curious, I do organize private ladies days, mix days - guys and girls, and advance training (lapping day with coaching...but you'll need to have taken at least two regular classes with this school as you will be familiar with the bikes as they can be twitchy).
Just a disclaimer, I do not work for this school but am enthusiast who loves to get out and train and hope to bring what I see to others who can benefit from them.
🙂

If you want to join in on one of my days, just send me a PM and I'll be starting to set up groups.

Bumping this up as the sale end today/tomorrow.

I have done this school a few times so far with @Saitou^.~ and learned alot and had fun doing it too! The smaller bikes are less intimidating than the normal size ones we ride on the street.

Highly recommended!! It's a nice day away from our regular day to day life :)

Back
Top Bottom