TMP Labour Day Weekend | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TMP Labour Day Weekend

Orlin, if it makes you feel better I plan on running my Michelin Power cups sans warmers on Sunday

Benny, yes, it makes me feel a bit better, thanks :) But hopefully I'll get TJ's warmer if me and him manage to somehow coordinate it. What bike will you be running on, and which group? I'm on a black GSXR #359, silver tank, intermediate.

Not so. It's very hard at the best of times to build or retain heat at TMP and GPAs need to be warm. (Do they even make a GPA in "hard"?)
You can warm a Q2 at TMP but I doubt you'll have enough initial grip to get any heat into a GPA. You'll end up ripping the surface off the tire.

Talk to whomever sold you the tires; Pro6, Competition Cycle . . .

I used warmers for 45 mins before the start of my day on used Daytona (very hard left side compound) GPA's all weekend.....then I would go out every 2 or 3 sessions....no warmer between rides. Sometimes an hr or more would go by between my rides. I didn't experience any hairy moments.

WTF, I was just installing my GPA's, and this is what I saw on the front tire. Is it ok to run like that?

2013-08-28163833_zps574b35b9.jpg

Update: apparently it's ok. It's not against the grain during braking anyway, so I should be good.

Last edited:
RAIN this weekend. I hope we don’t get any, otherwise trackdays for me are done for the year. NOooooo!

I want to come out but I'm not sure if I'll track, maybe spectate.... Still on the fence.

The forecast has changed each day for the last three days so hopefully it will change again for the better. I will definately be out on one of the days (as long as its not raining all day) with two others.

I registered for Sunday but if it's raining I'll use it for monday.

Does anybody know who is running this weekend? Is it TMP or GWB? Haven't seen much of GWB this year.

Back
Top Bottom