Timmies 403/Dundas: For riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Timmies 403/Dundas: For riders?

fearlessbob

As it is close to home, rode by this place the last few nights around 7:30PM without actually stopping there and I noticed there were always lots of bikers standing in the parking lot. But last night was a dandy: still lots of bikes there, but then there were at least 3-4 guys sitting down in collapsible camp chairs in the parking lot! :eek:

My first thought was, these guys are obviously not there to go riding... Then my second thought was, how do you carry a camp chair on your bike (and most importantly, why)? Are the ones sitting down kings of the place and are they holding court there? Just thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Posers.

could be non owning bike friends who live at home and just want to get out. better than up to no good stealing bikes.
but yes weird

It's actually a popular poser spot.
Of course, not everyone there included, as it is a good meet spot, close to the highway.
But yeah, I live nearby, too - been on 3-4 hour rides and coming back, seen same people in same spots, still admiring each others' spotless Dainese jackets.

If you want to find people to ride with, forum is better because riders only stay long enough for a coffee, doesn't matter which Timmies.

Its a good destination or meeting spot for going on rides. Groups of riders are constantly coming and going on rides from there.

Its a good destination or meeting spot for going on rides. Groups of riders are constantly coming and going on rides from there.

I don't know of too many actual riders, none really, who carry camp chairs for resting after the ride. I'm sticking with my kings holding court story...

Im gonna go on a limb here and say that someone brought those chairs in a car... call me crazy.

When I lived in the area, we used it as a meet spot before going for a ride.

Show up, pick up a coffee while waiting for everyone to show up, then leave.

Sometimes car guys show up too.

Also, sometimes girls show up with their own helmets.

Most of the time there's groups of riders coming and going...I've hooked up with some guys there and gone on some cool rides in areas I wasn't familiar with....great time!

Can't speak for the people sitting in chairs! Not sure what that's about?

Been there a bunch of times in the past couple of weeks and there's definitely some group rides going on.....

Spot was pretty chill till they came and booked us all :(
what was the charge and cost of ticket. i guess it looks bad if the cops show up for their free coffee and see people socializing

Once upon a time (before fast and the furious), it was a place to meet before heading west into the darkness and riding hard (cars/bikes).
Over the years, it has become Poseur central. Parking-lot-pimping at its finest.

For what?

...what happened?

well it used to be really popular car spot, pretty much cops came booked everything weed, mufflers, ride height, lights, tint. pretty ****ed up they went all out on busting people for irrelevant stuff.

well it used to be really popular car spot, pretty much cops came booked everything weed, mufflers, ride height, lights, tint. pretty ****ed up they went all out on busting people for irrelevant stuff.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Why go out hunting when you can just go to the watering hole.

I remember there was once a kid or two who would show up to brag how they don't have a license or insurance or.....

I'm not surprised to hear about a police presence there.

I was there on monday night since I needed a break to take a leak on my ride back from Maple.
I love how the bikes and the cars were segregated into two different groups haha.
I was there a whopping 5 minutes before I continued on my merry way home.

One kid was there asking about my bike, and then I asked which one was his, he says "Oh I don't have one, I just hang out here."

I don't know of too many actual riders, none really, who carry camp chairs for resting after the ride. I'm sticking with my kings holding court story...

My bike came with a seat, actually 2. And I didn't have to pay extra!!! These guys with lawn chairs must have been chumped.

-Also, a strong Hamilton contingent at that spot....and they have a different...character let's say. I prefer the new spot at Eglinton / HW10, and Leslie / Lakeshore...fewer shooters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom