Tibet! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tibet!

Trials

Do they have a pull over at 13000' where you can adjust the carburetors :LOL:
... looks like one of those places that you could watch your dog run away from home for several days.

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
The biggest bike I saw there was a 200cc. Most of them are around 150cc and lots of carb'd bikes too.

It was quite the sight to see them climbing these elevations with no problems. No helmets and hippo hands are the norm.

This is one of my favourite pics - Everest in the middle with the most insane road leading to it.

regder

Site Supporter
Amazing pics Shane, have fun!

Roadghost

I wonder if you could skip a few of those terraces with a dirt bike. You know, just go straight up. Terrain looks like a blast for dirt riding.

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
You absolutely could, but most of the edges of the paved roads have completely vertical drops on the low sides. I see a few smaller dirt bikes around like Honda XR's and they also have a variety of Enfield's with knobbies and spoked rims.

Stay off the roads and there is unlimited off-road riding, kind of like riding in the southwest states but at high elevation.

Nepal (which is one of the most mountainous countries in the world), has tons of bike rental places but it seems much less common in Tibet because you must have a guide outside Lhasa. Our guide in Tibet leads multi day rides on BMW GS's for small groups and up to 20 riders!

Top Bottom