Thoughts on CB500F? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts on CB500F?

@MaksTO I agree the F is nicer looking and more practical in terms of access. However, with the lower cc bikes I found that even a small fairing makes it MUCH more tolerable on long distance drives. My 250R was way better than the 500F on the highway in terms of wind comfort. The 500 just used the power to get through the wind, the 250R slipped through it easier, especially when I added a larger screen up front.

Hell maybe I'll get the CB300R as a runaround bike....I miss riding already.

Was a little (very) absurd to hear, at that point didn't even feel like getting a quote for the CB500f. I didn't mention over the phone that I took RTI but I did mention it in my initial message, maybe the guy on the phone didn't have access to my initial inquiry. Nevertheless, I doubt taking rider training would save me $1500-2000 on insurance lol...

Make sure you tell them about any rider training you've taken and fax them a copy of the receipt and graduation certificate if necessary. Back when I was starting out completing the M1 Exit course at Durham College cut my first year insurance in half vs if I had simply taken the test with the ministry.

Make sure you tell them about any rider training you've taken and fax them a copy of the receipt and graduation certificate if necessary. Back when I was starting out completing the M1 Exit course at Durham College cut my first year insurance in half vs if I had simply taken the test with the ministry.

I'll have to remember to really push that point. Maybe they just skim past that in emails and stuff.

Update:

Got a KLR650 and am happy as a clam. Decided to go for more of an all around bike since anything resembling street is totally out of my price rance insurance wise.

Just in the process of getting some basics inspected/repaired and then safety time.

Insurance this year will be cheaper than my CBR125. Stoked!

See y'all at motosocial on my apocalypse-mobile soon ;)

Also, will be posting my CBR125 for sale soon, so if anyone has a beginner friend looking for a well taken care of (but slightly battle-scarred fairings) little bike and wants to beat the spring rush, let me know!

awesome, congrats

Update:

Got a KLR650 and am happy as a clam. Decided to go for more of an all around bike since anything resembling street is totally out of my price rance insurance wise.

Just in the process of getting some basics inspected/repaired and then safety time.

Insurance this year will be cheaper than my CBR125. Stoked!

See y'all at motosocial on my apocalypse-mobile soon ;)

Also, will be posting my CBR125 for sale soon, so if anyone has a beginner friend looking for a well taken care of (but slightly battle-scarred fairings) little bike and wants to beat the spring rush, let me know!
Congrats! KLRs are the Swiss Army Knife of bicycles -- rugged, cheap to operate, great on gas, and with a basic toolkit and $50 bucks you can fix just about anything on them. They are handy in the city, and if you get bored you can ride it around the world.

Nice to know insurance is economical too. I didn't know it was as cheap as a 125 to insure -- that's fantastic.

Before the 500 series came out, i was eyeing the KLR real hard. If they hadn't come out with them, i wouldve ended up with whether that or a versys.

Enjoy the upgrade and keep the shiny side up! :)

Back
Top Bottom