This is why I have a dash cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTheCanuck

Site Supporter
'Cause you never know when some d***** might try this:

[video=youtube;zJYFyYGWZcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJYFyYGWZcE[/video]

(Not my video)

Update - 17/02/2012: Original video was made private by the original uploader for unknown reasons. Video replaced with mirror.

Last edited:
I hope to hell there is more to this than the video showed.

Why did the guy reveal he had a camera!!!

I would have had the scammer guy call the cops and state his false story. Then show the cops the vid and get the scammer charged/arrested on the spot.

By the looks of the video, the scammer guy went on his merry way, off to find his next victim!

I hope I am wrong. Arrrrrrrgh.

This happened in Ontario? Ugh. Better find a way to mount my iphone in my dash.

One cool thought (Just fer laughs) Since Ontario is full of morons behind the wheel. Why not record while driving full time and upload all the crazy moments to Youtube? Millions of views and the police might watch and track down... Just for laughs people, please don't...

I actually thought about putting a camera in all my vehicles for times like that. Need a way to have it record only so many hours and constantly overwrite the old stuff that way its always recording and never worry about running out of space. When something happens pop out the card and you have video evidence. In the last 2 years I have hit 2 deer and a moose. Would have been cool to get those on film.

I actually thought about putting a camera in all my vehicles for times like that. Need a way to have it record only so many hours and constantly overwrite the old stuff that way its always recording and never worry about running out of space. When something happens pop out the card and you have video evidence. In the last 2 years I have hit 2 deer and a moose. Would have been cool to get those on film.

Get a nice little camera and a few memory cards.

With this:
http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-hardwire-car-adapter-with-audio-in-4-meter/

You can record 15 hours of HD video on a 32 gig microSD card. I could probably drive for a week without having to erase the memory card to make room for new footage. After watching Rob McLennan's videos I plan on getting the Replay XD1080 for my racing shenanigans as well as using it as a dash cam.

And people wonder why insurance is 3x higher in Ontario.
You know damn well that ****er was going to try and claim an injury for thousands.:angry4:

How did he backup without having his reverse light on? Was that up a hill?

What would happen if you sent this video to your insurance company? How about most major insurance companies on Ontario? It's not insurance fraud if he's scamming YOU, but I'm sure that's his next step.

Edit: Thanks Caboose, now I want a ReplayXD with adapter (except it has issues with wind noise at 400+ km/h). It'll come in handy for wheeling AND for day-to-day driving (already have the ContourHD for the bike).

Last edited:
What would happen if you sent this video to your insurance company? How about most major insurance companies on Ontario? It's not insurance fraud if he's scamming YOU, but I'm sure that's his next step.

My concern is that after he scammed the cameraman for $500 he would come back for more and the first payout would be an admission of guilt.

I had a guy back into me at a stop sign. He was being nice to a truck making an awkward turn. No damage just stupid. He had mirrors.

I personally use an app on my Android phone called DailyRoads Voyager. Once the allocated space (you set how much it can use) is full, it starts to loop over. But if you tap on the screen while it is recording, it will permanently save that file and the two before it. It also uses the accelerometer in your phone to detect a collision, and automatically saves those files too.

It can record in as high of quality that your phone's camera supports.

It also integrates with GPS and can overlay speed, time, coordinates, etc. in the video file.

i read the caption under the video on youtube. apparently, the officer refused to look at the video, citing that it was only a minor traffic accident. that really burns me up. why on earth would he refuse?! how much of his time could it have possibly taken?! the situation had clearly gone beyond a traffic accident and had now entered criminal territory with uttering a false statement, extortion and fraud. why would the officer be so myopic?!

There's tons of car cameras on DealExtrem for less then $100 that will record in a loop... overwriting the old files.

http://s.dealextreme.com/search/car+dvr

i read the caption under the video on youtube. apparently, the officer refused to look at the video, citing that it was only a minor traffic accident. that really burns me up. why on earth would he refuse?! how much of his time could it have possibly taken?! the situation had clearly gone beyond a traffic accident and had now entered criminal territory with uttering a false statement, extortion and fraud. why would the officer be so myopic?!

Bah, fraud is only piddly little criminal matter, unlike a killer traffic violation. Besides, cops can't generate revenue from criminal acts.

And people wonder why insurance is 3x higher in Ontario.
You know damn well that ****er was going to try and claim an injury for thousands.:angry4:

this is exactly why. its a much bigger problem then you think. its a huge thing in scarborough right now. all done by a certain group of people, wont mention who but the video shows who.

he'll then claim he has whiplash and needs $20,000 from insurance. the tow trucks are in on the scams, they take the car to a body shop thats in on it. clinics are in on the scams.

if you ever get into an accident and the police show up, ask for a contract tow from the police. there the ones that are proven to be legit, such as 'a towing' or JP towing etc, stay away from 'petes towing' and also 'associates'. dont go with one of the private vultures. if you have to and they offer to take you to a certain body shop, dont go there. its also illegal for them to offer a bodyshop.

because there's no money in it. guy in the honda should get the news involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom