Thinking of moving near Allan Gardens. Opinions of the area? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of moving near Allan Gardens. Opinions of the area?

There is a homeless shelter on George st between Gerrard and Dundas st. There is one of Toronto's dirtiest strip club's on Dundas and George. There is another homeless shelter on Sherborne and Queen. A women's shelter is on Pembroke between Gerrard and Dundas. Harbour Light is on Shutter and Jarvis; a building for significant amount of recovering addicts. The Fred Victor building is on Jarvis and Queen; a building of full blown addicts. Tranny prostitute's work on Homewood st and Maitland place. Regular Prostitutes post up in front of Hooker Harvey's on Jarvis and Gerrard, and do rounds in a counter clockwise direction heading north on Jarvis, Turning west on College, South on church, and east the Gerrard. 330 Jarvis is called the Aid's building. About 4-5 halfway houses in the general Allen Gardens to Moss Park area. Dundas and Sherborne is revolting, but is fairly safe if you can steer clear of the full blown crazy people. Ton's of addict's, and booze heads, some who are looking to rip off or steal whatever they think has value. I lived on Pembroke south of Dundas for 5 + years, the area has been on a downward spiral. I hope your parking spaces are covered, the last thing you want see is your bike tipped over because some drunk indian stumbled into your backyard and tipped over your bike because he felt like it. The actual Allen Garden's is pretty safe, it is police patrolled about 10-15 times a day.

Parking wouldn't be covered. Anyway, guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

Hmm got a lead on a place at 392 Sherbourne. Looks like it's almost the same area though.

Another question... do you plan to live in the core downtown area and rent for at least a few years?

If so, you may wish to consider some of the co-ops or TCHC buildings down near the Esplanade also. They usually have a waiting list but if you are patient they are worth investigating. I cannot say for all the buildings, but I have been in 90% of the buildings on the Esplanade and I never saw any rodents or pests.

I wouldn't have a problem living there but, I also grew up in crappy/ghetto areas, so I'm comfortable with people that other people are cautious of. If you're that worried about your gf then dont live there.

Its a crap area, lots of drugs, users, theft, homeless, metally ill, 2 male shelters, 1 addiction shelter, 2 co-ops. The best area nearest there is actually up in the "gayberhood" one of the nicest and safest. But it can get expensive.

Rent slap's shed and chase off the Squirrel From Hell. Win-win.

Back
Top Bottom