Things that have worked for me long term. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Things that have worked for me long term.

I've been using an Airhawk for a couple weeks. Took 10-15 minutes to get it right. It's not slipping or sliding at all, and I don't want to ride without it.
I'll give it a good workout next week down south.

great thread

Couple of more things I haven't seen yet:
Mirror extenders, trunk, water bottle pouch, reflective tape
bm03giJt.jpg
o5uT5KRt.jpg
xb4CbDLt.jpg
Vuimxdpt.jpg

Stuff I'm trying out now:
Dashcams: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B081YMLTFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
with High Endurance Memory Card: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07P4HBRMV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
DIN power adapter: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09Y18N1M6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Screen deflector: Adjustable Clip Motorcycle Wind Deflector, Universal Motorcycle Windscreen Bolts, Windshield Extension Accessories, Windshields - Amazon Canada
edit: Also trying out a spare gas can strapped to pannier.
Never had to use one, but did have to ride to gas station and purchase a can for a buddy.

Last edited:
I've been using an Airhawk for a couple weeks. Took 10-15 minutes to get it right. It's not slipping or sliding at all, and I don't want to ride without it.
I'll give it a good workout next week down south.
Russell sport seat (not the DayLong due to seat height issues) plus Airhawk minimal inflation plus LD Comfort riding shorts. Great for hemorroids too 😂. Just sayin'

Yep all good tips. Forgot my mirror extenders ....the handlebars are narrow on the CB300F and only got views of my shoulders with little slices of what was behind. The extenders fixed that. Needed locktite blue to keep from slipping. Been fine even at some speed and headwind. Needs the lock washers and locktite....$11 US from Ali-express.
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at Jun, 23    2022    5.40.40 AM.jpg

I also had luck with the cheapie wind deflectors as long as you use locktight on the screws....the concept works well....was a trip saver on the CBF1000 with the too narrow windscreen.
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at Jun, 23    2022    5.55.35 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-06-23 at Jun, 23    2022    5.55.22 AM.jpg

I don't video so welcome info there.
Thanks for the reminder on the wide kidney belt . I use a Klim...really helps even on two hour jaunts and very adjustable.
Added to original post - velcro and webbing well made and it breathes/
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at Jun, 23    2022    4.37.51 AM.jpg
I had the the Russell seat on my Wee - not as good as the RDL which I had on the Burgman with the oh so nice RDL backrest but still much better than the stock.
This tho .....💕
Tried one on the Wee without the backrest for going out west but too tall.
1655925265513.png
At least there is a rather thriving market in used seats. Tried a Corbin ....was decent but held me place too much,Shane may well like it because of that also the Saddleman which did not do a lot for me tho well made.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at Jun, 23    2022    5.22.54 AM.jpg
Honourable mention to the Sargent seats which turned the plank of a seat on the original 2004 KLR to something I could sit on all day.
1655926071209.png
Looked the same as stock but was not. Everytime I tried for one ( ie the CB500x ) it "was in development" and no hope on the CB300F I think. :(

Attachments

• 1655923007597.png
    1655923007597.png
    791.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 1655925691185.png
    1655925691185.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Found this video useful - settled on Maxima Chain Wax now I am lubing again.
Regina chain needed small adjustment mostly for alignment - 13k km not touched, cleaned or lubed - pretty close to zero maintenance as they claimed so happy with that Regina purchase.

These just came in and they are identical but darker than the original I got.
$5.78 Aus delivered all in. I have a big head and they fit fine including inside the helmet and eyes are protected from windflow - especially the side.
I bought two different transmission levels.

1656631115853.png

More expensive in Canada on Amazon but others list them for a lot less...

Much better optically than the Shark visor tho the Shark sun visor is close and also available in a variety of transmission levels...does not work as well as these and these cover the eyes better and keep any wind away. Very flexible so arms slip into helmet easily..well designed and big hinge area looks durable.

Have to chase down some of my old Zenni cases so they stay unscratched tho lately I've just been wrapping them in a microfiber clothe for in the pocket.

Last edited:
I used bolts to lock mine in place once adjusted. The other "brand name" are just too expensive.
Do you have a picture? I might have to drill to do that.

That part of the hinge falls apart easy - careful not to lose bits and just replace the "adjustable bit" with a nut and bolt. Or try black lock tight. Even blue might work

That part of the hinge falls apart easy - careful not to lose bits and just replace the "adjustable bit" with a nut and bolt. Or try black lock tight. Even blue might work
The new look:
I9ATMEpl.jpg
Glv5rQtl.jpg

(y) much neater than mine
I'd put a little bead of locktite blue on the bottom hinge as well to prevent vibrating out.

Last edited:
@Baggsy does that clip onto the main shield?

@MacDoc nice glasses and price. Would love something like that but having to wear glasses not many options for me as I need a prescription (and hate contacts).

@Baggsy does that clip onto the main shield?

@MacDoc nice glasses and price. Would love something like that but having to wear glasses not many options for me as I need a prescription (and hate contacts).
Yes.
kkeQANtm.jpg

For sunglasses, I carry clip-ons that fit over my regular glasses. But they aren't as good for windflow.

Mimico - you should not need it with the Madstad as it is so adjustable and has the wings but it's cheap to try.
I assume you set it to look above the windscreen not through it?

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at Jul, 2    2022    12.33.24 AM.jpg
Looks good Baggsy. Fortunately I still have 20/15 vision but of course at 75 my near vision sucks ...each year nibbles a bit away :(

Last edited:
Late to reply - yes it measures temp of the air inside the tire.

Bought these for eBike but might work well for the CB300 as well as padding seems a bit better than the much more expensive MotoSkivvies tho not as wide. The skivvies have lasted tho getting thin in some areas and the elastic is tired so depends on the riding pants to stay in place - the padding looks good as new tho.
717hrATKp+L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
71AlqDFbxZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'll be happy if these give some relief from sore ass.. tell you soon enough for both vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom