There be Pirates ! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

There be Pirates !

UM, there is so much wrong with this statement. The more cases of Covid19 that grow in the US ups the risk to contaminate Canada.

What the US does, impacts our lives directly.

Sure, but the time for worrying about that was in May. Now it's basically out of control down there and the virus will run its course. South Dakota never had a lockdown, by the way. And last I checked, the border is still closed. This whole thread just reeks of GTAM getting riled up about (((Harley riders))).

Secretly I have always wanted a Harley. I’m a bit excited about Sturgis this year, particularly around October if thousands of Covid trailer Queens hit the used market.

Secretly I have always wanted a Harley. I’m a bit excited about Sturgis this year, particularly around October if thousands of Covid trailer Queens hit the used market.

yeah but for that you'd have to travel to the US

virus will run its course
Hopefully its course is not to roll around inside you for several years wreaking damage to various critical organs.

I have an official Harley-Davidson shirt I'm very happy with,
It looks more like something Charlie Sheen would wear on Three and a half Men :LOL:

yeah but for that you'd have to travel to the US
I’ll send a trucker, have him ride it back. Truckers have border privileges and most truckers I know secretly want a Harley too.

117228006_3565544610124754_4244063780408578817_n.jpg

I’ll send a trucker, have him ride it back. Truckers have border privileges .

I could go....just need to flash my A licence at the border and come up with some excuse about picking up a bike for someone. No problem.

But would I willingly travel in the plague states of America right now? Hell no.

and most truckers I know secretly want a Harley too

Nope.

If the border was open and I had the time off I would have gone to Sturgis. No fraidie-cat here.

There's a difference between being a "Fradie cat" and being willfully and totally ignorant of risk. Here's an eye opener for you - 1 in every 2000 Americans that were alive at the beginning of the Covid outbreak are now dead from it.

If the border was open and I had the time off I would have gone to Sturgis. No fraidie-cat here.
I’ve been face to face with the Grim Reaper more than once, not much scares me - Covid does.

Maybe that’s why I need a Harley. I could be a totally fearless badass if I could only clear my fear of Covid.

There's a difference between being a "Fradie cat" and being willfully and totally ignorant of risk....
Fraidy cats don’t know how to deal with risk. Get a Harley man, I’m reading the manual now and as long as you stay on your bike you are protected from all risks.

I’m thinking about a Dyna Superglide Sport.

I’ve been face to face with the Grim Reaper more than once, not much scares me - Covid does.

Maybe that’s why I need a Harley. I could be a totally fearless badass if I could only clear my fear of Covid.

its the fear of the unknown, and the chaos

Its an invisible killer, not a bad guy with a gun like in the movies.

You could catch it, and not even know it until its too late
You could have passed it on to your family, relatives and friends, and not know it

Death that is swift and short is often the preferred method, as opposed to suffering for weeks and months as you lose your ability to breathe

Death that is swift and short is often the preferred method, as opposed to suffering for weeks and months as you lose your ability to breathe
Im with you on that. I guess that’s why Covid scares me. I watched a lot of people agonize, watching their their loved ones slowly running out of air then dying.

The thought of that happening to me freaks me out a bit.

Im with you on that. I guess that’s why Covid scares me. I watched a lot of people agonize, watching their their loved ones slowly running out of air then dying.

The thought of that happening to me freaks me out a bit.

I watched that happen to my mom, although from COPD, not Covid. Same outcome - watching someone asphyxiate because they can’t breathe and knowing there’s noting you can do about it is heartbreaking.

It’s all fine to be cavalier about things until some day that’s you sitting at the side of the hospital bed watching someone you love die. If you even get that privilege now, given all the covid restrictions.

Webcams from Sturgis -

Watched the cams for a bit, looks like most people are being responsible. Lotsa bikes, bot travelling side by side, and the people on the streets look reasonably spaced.

Hopefully it goes OK for those who decided it was worth attending.

Outdoor activities don't concern me unless it is a wall-to-wall-people crowd - which I haven't seen on the webcams from Sturgis.

The bigger concern are the indoor restaurants and bars ... which you don't see on the webcams. Random photos may show crowded restaurants. What there's no way to know from afar, is how prevalent those situations are. If attendance is down from previous years (and it looks that way), it might not be a complete disaster.

I still think this is going to be a spreader event, but maybe not a superspreader event. Hopefully not. The potential is there for it to be a superspreader event.

Most guys in the bars are there for a motorboat,so i guess they will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom