The ugly truth about sport bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

The ugly truth about sport bikes

Tldw?

From the definitive authority, Youtube-guy "HEROrr".

"They don't like to go slow, so they make you go really fast and ride like an idiot."

:rolleyes:

lol, yes thats it! its the bikes fault!

Supersport or Cruiser there is only one thing that controls the bike and that is the rider. If you are an idiot the bike is dangerous. It is not the bike. I hate to use the analogy but kinda like guns. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

All these so called experts on YouTube. What a load of crap.

From the definitive authority, Youtube-guy "HEROrr".

"They don't like to go slow, so they make you go really fast and ride like an idiot."

:rolleyes:
I'll start by saying I didn't watch the video. But to me this is somewhat true. Vehicles designed to go fast are just boring as heck to drive at legal limits. My 650R wasn't fast but I always had to keep the throttle in check because I could easily end up going over 100 in the city if I didn't pay attention. Had a WRX and that thing never felt right unless you were on the highway. It just wanted to go faster all the time. But yes, you can obviously still drive it slow. Lower powered engines need a bit of effort to go fast and don't feel like they're eager to go faster all the time.

It just wanted to go faster all the time. But yes, you can obviously still drive it slow.

I personally dislike 600's on the street for this reason. At legal speeds, they buck and surge and are just ****** off. Things smooth out nicely in 172 territory. A liter on the street I find nicer as you can short shift and ride the torque when you want a relaxed ride. I'm sure a 600 on a track would be buckets of fun.

Same thing happens with sleds. A buddies sled is really awful below 100km/h, it darts around and beats you up. As the speed climbs, everything smooths out and it is a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Point of the video?? It's youtube so I guess it doesn't need one ... LOL

Point of the video?? It's youtube so I guess it doesn't need one ... LOL

They'll do anything for the views(subscriptions, likes etc)
So they can crash a daytona 675 into a boulder, and can get another one and fly it into a Porsche, without ever having to pay for either! (pretty sweet gig, minus the crashing)

I'll start by saying I didn't watch the video. But to me this is somewhat true. Vehicles designed to go fast are just boring as heck to drive at legal limits. My 650R wasn't fast but I always had to keep the throttle in check because I could easily end up going over 100 in the city if I didn't pay attention. Had a WRX and that thing never felt right unless you were on the highway. It just wanted to go faster all the time. But yes, you can obviously still drive it slow. Lower powered engines need a bit of effort to go fast and don't feel like they're eager to go faster all the time.

To each his own I guess. I have a 2010 STi hatch and don't get that feeling ("never felt right unless you were on the highway") at all. It's quite comfortable being short-shifted and tooling along at the limit in town. As you say, ""you can obviously still drive it slow." Indeed.

Just this weekend I was out extensively on the Tuono, both city and country riding. This 175HP "supernaked" is a total and complete pussycat and very content at legal city speeds.

I don't get the sensation the STi feels "eager" to go faster and faster all the time or that the bike is "eager" to run at higher power all the time though I acknowledge both have the capability to do so when called upon. At steady, in-city speeds their "eagerness" feels little different than any other car or my Fazer (for example.) Sure, the STi rides more stiffly than a tipsy, wobbly Camry and can effortlessly accelerate harder than a sickly little Corolla but that speaks to capabilities, not some sort of "eagerness" on the part of the inanimate object.

I think some of the issue is that some folks find driving anything at legal limits "boring." Driving a Camry or CBR300R or a CBR600RR is going to be "boring" at 50kph or 100kph on the roads and byways we have available to us. Maybe it's that "fun" on a firebreather is so much more accessible and easier to find if you want it. The same applies to cars: Corvettes and GT-Rs are perfectly capable of being driven at the same pedestrian, boring speeds as the champagne-coloured Corollas we see everywhere yet, when asked to, they are able to deliver a much more enlivening experience in any situation.

I think it's a psychological thing: SSs and supernakeds, for example, have so much in the way of capabilities that maybe some feel they're shortchanging themselves (and the machine) if we don't use them all the time in that way. Some succumb to this logic and use more of the capabilities when perhaps they shouldn't. That's not on the machine, that's on the rider/driver; it speaks to maturity, wisdom, experience, personal responsibility, intelligence etc.

Well my 2009 WRX didn't feel right unless you were well into the boost at high rpm. Otherwise it wasn't nearly as smooth. Had a bit of turbo lag too. Maybe there was something wrong with it. Had lots of other issues that the dealer tried to tell me were normal.

To each his own I guess. I have a 2010 STi hatch and don't get that feeling ("never felt right unless you were on the highway") at all. It's quite comfortable being short-shifted and tooling along at the limit in town. As you say, ""you can obviously still drive it slow." Indeed.

Just this weekend I was out extensively on the Tuono, both city and country riding. This 175HP "supernaked" is a total and complete pussycat and very content at legal city speeds.

I don't get the sensation the STi feels "eager" to go faster and faster all the time or that the bike is "eager" to run at higher power all the time though I acknowledge both have the capability to do so when called upon. At steady, in-city speeds their "eagerness" feels little different than any other car or my Fazer (for example.) Sure, the STi rides more stiffly than a tipsy, wobbly Camry and can effortlessly accelerate harder than a sickly little Corolla but that speaks to capabilities, not some sort of "eagerness" on the part of the inanimate object.

I think some of the issue is that some folks find driving anything at legal limits "boring." Driving a Camry or CBR300R or a CBR600RR is going to be "boring" at 50kph or 100kph on the roads and byways we have available to us. Maybe it's that "fun" on a firebreather is so much more accessible and easier to find if you want it. The same applies to cars: Corvettes and GT-Rs are perfectly capable of being driven at the same pedestrian, boring speeds as the champagne-coloured Corollas we see everywhere yet, when asked to, they are able to deliver a much more enlivening experience in any situation.

I think it's a psychological thing: SSs and supernakeds, for example, have so much in the way of capabilities that maybe some feel they're shortchanging themselves (and the machine) if we don't use them all the time in that way. Some succumb to this logic and use more of the capabilities when perhaps they shouldn't. That's not on the machine, that's on the rider/driver; it speaks to maturity, wisdom, experience, personal responsibility, intelligence etc.

I think that pretty much applies to anything that is considered unnecesarily fast(I believe the middleweights ((fz 09 etc) are also considered supernakeds)

Couldn't get through the video but easy solution. Own two bikes. One slow one to ride the wheels off of and one fast one for the adrenaline rush. Win win.

Video was basically:

SS bad for street

everyone is jumping off the bandwagon these days

I always wanted a super sport (thing of beauty), waited till the idiot grew up, trying not to kill myself got an SV650. Was never comfortable, too cramped. Goodbye SS dream. Now on a DR-Z400, love it. Time to update my avatar. =]

Back
Top Bottom