The ugly truth about sport bikes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The ugly truth about sport bikes

I don't ride a crotch rocket but have always thought they are beautiful machines and I would love to own one. Is it overkill on the street? Absolutely, but so is a Ferrari or any other fast car. I wouldn't scoff at someone for cruising by in one though. Enjoy your ride, whatever it is.

Just my 2 pennies.

They are glorified penis extenders. Everyone know that.

I thought those were cruisers with loud pipes, savin lives and all that

love my ss ,and i open it up ,but no one ever sees it,just find a nice secluded section of road and away you go
I've been in Paris all week and have never seen so many motorcycles.Almost as many bikes as cars.I think I've seen only 2 supersport bikes all week.Made me realize how impractical they are in the real world and that they are a North American phenomenon.

I've been in Paris all week and have never seen so many motorcycles.Almost as many bikes as cars.I think I've seen only 2 supersport bikes all week.Made me realize how impractical they are in the real world and that they are a North American phenomenon.

For practicality, it is hard to fault something like a burgman. It's easy to ride, has a huge storage compartment and gets you free parking in TO. For making you feel like you are piloting a missile, it's hard to beat something overpowered and twitchy like an SS. Their very nature makes them impractical but tons of fun (if you ignore speed limits).

Lots of cobblestone and brick roads here too, not something you would want to be riding a sportbike across on a rainy day.Seen some cool older bikes here too.Saw a six cylinder Kawasaki 1300, think it was an '80 or '81.Also saw an early '70s Honda 4 cylinder 350.Both in really nice shape with original paint.

The price of a parking spot in Paris when I lived there was about the same as a cheap apartment. Parking is hard to come by hence all the bikes and the tiny cars. You really don't need a vehicle in Paris though unless you're working right out in the boonies. The transport system is amazing.

The price of a parking spot in Paris when I lived there was about the same as a cheap apartment. Parking is hard to come by hence all the bikes and the tiny cars. You really don't need a vehicle in Paris though unless you're working right out in the boonies. The transport system is amazing.
It appeared to me that most bikes were parking on the street and sidewalks for free.Is that not the case?

Go across the border to Spain...You'll see them everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom