The ten fastest highways in the world that aren’t the Autobahn | GTAMotorcycle.com

The ten fastest highways in the world that aren’t the Autobahn

Good read

"The 407 was originally built to bypass the congested 401, (currently the busiest highway in all of North America) "
Well thats good to know as I have to start to commute to work come september down the 401 :(

That is why the 407 isn't free it is priced to keep it busy but not jammed.

I don't want to start any stereotypes...but...I find the 407 is good because a) there are few trucks willing to pay the fee so no rolling traffic jams like on the 401 when 2 trucks run side by side at 95kmh for miles.. b) the people on there can afford to pay and you weed out the piles of shitters out there doing dumb-*** things at 90kmh..the people are generally more motivated to actually get some place as opposed to just dogging along with nothing better to do c) they actually are capable of understanding things like drive right, pass left... I love the 407.. Rarely go below 130 on there..

That is why the 407 isn't free it is priced to keep it busy but not jammed.

+1 I don't mind paying for the 407 when I don't feel like putting up with the 401. That said the mofos on the 407 drive fast as hell!!! :D

Many highways in the western states. I agree with interstates around Atlanta, and I'd add Chicago (if there is no traffic jam).

The average speed on the 407 is easily 130ish! i travel it quite frequently and im doin 149 and the cagers are right with me.

Back
Top Bottom